1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax Movieboxx 5.1 Home Cinema System

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by dave tarmac, Jun 13, 2004.

1. dave tarmac

dave tarmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey folks

Don't know if this is the right forum to post on, but here goes

I was just wanting to know if I should get the Eltax Movieboxx system (Multi-region dvd player w/ built in amp, 5.1 speakers - Found here). The only problem is that I want all my kit to go through the 5.1 set, all my kit being:
    TV (with external freeview box)
    DVD
    Xbox
    Gamecube

Is the Eltax Movieboxx the correct purchase or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks in advance

2. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These are currently selling on price-drop.tv and the sister channel bid-up.tv, for around £99 and £5 postage and packaging. Just if ur interested.

Not sure what its like mind you.

3. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    dave tarmac,

I'm interested in what you decide to do. I have a similar setup (3 games consoles) and I am deciding between an all in one solution or the seperates route.

I was about to get the Eltax Nova from Richer Sounds but they have now stopped selling them. Any ideas how the Movieboxx compares with the Nova? Anyone?

4. dave tarmac

dave tarmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Waser: Not a clue what I'm going to do yet. i don't see why I couldn't get everything going through it - I suppose it just depends on what connection I use for my telly from the system... Might just buy it anyway and see what happens :)

5. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    If you do go for it, please let me know what you think. I'm busy trying to sort out my TV purchase at the moment but a surround sound setup is my next stop.

6. dave tarmac

dave tarmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah - I'm gonna be getting a 'new' tv soon myself hopefully (money allowing). Do you know where I can get a cheap one from?

7. dave tarmac

dave tarmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dagnabbit!

Maplin sold out of the Eltax Movieboxx system - does anyone have a suitable substitue for it?

8. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    As someone said, they have been selling, and auctioning the Eltax Movie Boxx on the telly. Saw one a few day's ago, went for £79 plus a few quid postage, looked good to me.
    Try bid-up's web site to see if it's on again soon. www.bid-up.tv , also try www.price-drop.tv .

9. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eltax movieboxx should not sell for more than £100 it isn't too bad for that but it's retail price is £200 which is way out on what it's worth. Loads of places are doing these at £100 so check out eltax's dealer list on their website!

10. b250364

b250364

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought one of these from Bid-up and it's really good value. It's also multi-region as I have just found out. I just stuck a Region 1 DVD in the player and pressed play, no codes, no chipping, no hassle. Superb quality and value for money. Oh...BTW...I paid £80 from Bid-up for it.

11. DickieNibbles

DickieNibbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it's any help, just bought a Toshiba SD43 all-in-one from ASDA for £99.97. Multi-region hack from remote (works) 2 analogue line-ins, 1 digital in, component and RGB out and it doesn't sound too bad (about what you'd expect from a £300 system). Not sure what Eltax sounds like but this for less than £100 is bloody good...!

12. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i have the eltax movieboxx 5.1 speakers, which i bought a couple of years ago for around £100 by themselves. I've been happy with them, although i have no idea if they sound 'good', as i don't really have anything better to compare them with, and i don't really know what i'm doing with regards to setting up sound, hell i can't even hear any difference between in-phase and out of phase on the audio tests half the time.

edit: the speakers on the maplins picture aren't the speakers i have, and i believe mine are 100w per channel, not 20, but as i said i don't know what im doing with all this stuff...