1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax Liberty Series 5+ speaker package!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ice_cool, Nov 2, 2001.

1. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a budget of £250, and want a good speaker package.

I have looked at the eltax liberty 5+ speaker package for £250 from richersouds.com. What hifi have said it is a good one, and it has bipolar speakers!!!

Just a few questions

Is 87db sensitivity too low and it states 4- 8 ohms is that ok? Sometimes i have seen speakers with 6 ohm settings and some amps have switches for 4 or 8 ohm speakers! So how do you choose the right setting for connection to the amp????

Oh, i've looked at the eltax website but it doesn't say if it's bi-wireable. I hope it is.

What's the difference between 2-way, 3-way and bass reflex ???

The fequency response is 50-22000 Hz. Is this an okay range for a budget speaker package???

Hope someone can answer my questions.

Thanks

2. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    £250.....I think you'll enjoy though I have'nt heard the centre speaker which is very important. If it's in the same class as the Lib 5+ then for the money I do not think you'll have a prob, as for bi-poles I'm still undecided myself.I had the Lib 5+ and can recommend them for a quality budget speaker, it is large but is bi-wireable and sand fillable but I did'nt do this, you can also colour them if you buy beech with wood dye after rubbing down the surface a tad, honest. I had mine on the 8ohm setting and did'nt have a prob. They were impressive for music and A/V, for the price you will not get the best sound obviously but sound for pound I'll think you'll be impressed.

Philmate.
    Phil.

3. riddler

riddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2way 3way normaly indicates how many drivers it has for SEPERATE frq ranges.
    I.e a 2 way will have 2.
    But just becuse it has two drivers it doesnt mean its two way. If those drivers produce the same freq for instance.

Bassreflex means its is ported and uses this port to strengthen the lower req's.