• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Eltax HT-2 surrounds and banana plugs

JonnyTester

Prominent Member
I have a pair of Eltax HT-2 Bipolar rears and although the wiring was concealed in the ceiling when my room was being built, I have always just used bare cable to wire them. Now I'm completely rewiring my room and I wanted to get some banana plugs for the HT-2's. The problem is, the binding posts come out level with the back of the speaker leaving little room for manoeuvre. Even right angled ones would cause a slight problem but nothing near that caused by regular plugs. The problem is, I can't find 90 degree plugs, just 45 degree and I know by looking at them that they wouldn't do.

Do any of you have. or have had, HT2-s and if so, how did you wire them?

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
You will find a similar discussion here with may links to various types of speaker wire terminators - Ring, Spade, Banana.

Epos ES11 jumpers? | AVForums

Here are some that are very easy to use and don't require soldering -

Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair: Amazon.co.uk: Hi-Fi & Speakers

Sewell Deadbolt Spade Connector, 6 Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I use something similar on my speaker wires -

i65-spade1as-jpg.302793

steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom