Eltax CR-550B USB/SD

I've just installed this model in my car along with some Sony speakers. Unit Came with an ISO connector which allows you to plug existing connectors straight in. Needed an aerial adaptor (£3.99 at Halfords, £1.99 from caraudiodirect). Not had much time to test it but so far so good. It played music straight off my 2GB USB flash with no problem. This is also available at ebuyer for about the same money.

Hi, Thanks for that.

I've had a read through the reviews at E-Buyer & although the overall consensus is that it's a very good unit for the price/features, the buttons are very fiddly.

What's your opinion of it ?

Had a good fiddle today and I'm very impressed. Along with the new Sony speakers the sound improvement over the original stuff is tenfold.
I have to admit the buttons are pretty small but they are easy enough to work. I don't think you'll beat it sound for pound wise.

Thanks again.

Well i've bitten the bullet & ordered one from Ebuyer, even got an extra £10 discount through google checkout !!.

Can someone tell me: Does this player remember the position you got to in the track when you turn your car off? That is, if I'm 23 minutes into a 65 minute podcast when I get to work, will it start playing again at 23 minutes when I start my car again to go home?

Cheers!

Any card which is SD is what you want.

Not the Mini or Micro ones. They'll work (with an adaptor that you'll probably get included) but will cost more per meg than regular SD. MMC (Multi Media Card) will also work, but aren't as good as SD. At the moment 1 or 2 GB cards are pretty good value. Speed won't be an issue in an MP3 player, even the slowest will work fine.

Any card reader will be OK, as long as it reads SD. Given the cost, there's no reason not to go for one of the multi format ones unless you really don't think you'll ever own any other format of memory card. Internal ones reduce desktop clutter, if that's important to you.

I don't see any cards on that page which are brands I've ever used, so can't be much more helpful than that.

Can someone tell me: Does this player remember the position you got to in the track when you turn your car off? That is, if I'm 23 minutes into a 65 minute podcast when I get to work, will it start playing again at 23 minutes when I start my car again to go home?

Cheers!

Yes, Starts again where you left it.

and here's a good deal for a 2GB SD card which I can say works OK

http://play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3336376/Maxell_X_Series_2GB_SD_Memory_Card/Product.html

Guys,got my Eltax the other day.But i need help.When i tune it in and save the stations it goes back to factory default when i turn the engine off or take the face off.What am i doing wrong?I`ve tried everything i can think of.

Guys,got my Eltax the other day.But i need help.When i tune it in and save the stations it goes back to factory default when i turn the engine off or take the face off.What am i doing wrong?I`ve tried everything i can think of.

I had the same problem and needed to swap Pins 4 (Yellow-Continuous Supply) & 7 (Red-Switched Power Supply) with each other in the ISO connector that comes with the head unit.

Double Check your cars wiring configuration to confirm.

The Pins can be easily removed from the ISO connector with a small screwdriver or paper clip.

This seems too good to pass up, couple of query's though...

My current HU is 50w, will i notice the 10w difference? Will be powering 4" Kicker components only.

Only one preout, this can be split with an RCA adapter, does this decrease quality noticeably?

All sorted now thanks.Only prob i further encountered was with the amplified aireal adapter i bought from Halfords.It had a blue wire and the instructions stated a white wire.Bit of a mess about but got there in the end.Bought this as i could not get MW for Five Live and Talksport.Thanks all for your help and advice.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom