1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax Cinemax 5.1 package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by marbles, Sep 19, 2002.

1. marbles

marbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any experience of the Eltax Cinemax 5.1 package. I know it won`t be ideal long term solution for movies/music but at £150 they suit my current budget. Any other suggestions under £200?

Thanks

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have seen some missions@richer sounds that were 49.99{i think} so get 2 pairs, and the mission 771 center 99.99, theres 200 if your budget is ok!

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    He means Mission 700's as main and rears (great speakers, I still use a set in my study), but get the matching 700 series centre speaker AND its only £49 too. Leaves you with £50 for cables or more DVD's. Should out perform the Eltax set comfortably.

4. marbles

marbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that

I have actually been offered a set of eltax 5.1 speakers today from a colleague whos upgrading so I may get the chance to try them first before splashing out. They`re not the same as I was looking at but of similar quality.

I had looked at the missions but apart from the centre I am limited for space and I have a wife trying to claim every spare cubic centimetre in the room.

I may drag her into our local RS for a look tomorrow to let her see and hear them..............on the other hand I may just buy her something and beg!

Thanks again and any further suggestions gratefully accepted.

5. marbles

marbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Took the wife into RS today- that did the trick-she now appreciates the difference a decent set of speakers makes and is happy to accept speakers as a piece of furniture, so speaker size and budget can rise a little. I liked the mission 700 at £50 a pair but what sub would go with them?

thanks again