Eltax Cinemax 5.1 package

M

marbles

Anyone got any experience of the Eltax Cinemax 5.1 package. I know it won`t be ideal long term solution for movies/music but at £150 they suit my current budget. Any other suggestions under £200?

Thanks

Nobber22

Novice Member
Originally posted by clonetrooper 41
i have seen some [email protected] sounds that were 49.99{i think} so get 2 pairs, and the mission 771 center 99.99, theres 200 if your budget is ok!
He means Mission 700's as main and rears (great speakers, I still use a set in my study), but get the matching 700 series centre speaker AND its only £49 too. Leaves you with £50 for cables or more DVD's. Should out perform the Eltax set comfortably.

M

marbles

Thanks for that

I have actually been offered a set of eltax 5.1 speakers today from a colleague whos upgrading so I may get the chance to try them first before splashing out. They`re not the same as I was looking at but of similar quality.

I had looked at the missions but apart from the centre I am limited for space and I have a wife trying to claim every spare cubic centimetre in the room.

I may drag her into our local RS for a look tomorrow to let her see and hear them..............on the other hand I may just buy her something and beg!

Thanks again and any further suggestions gratefully accepted.

M

marbles

Took the wife into RS today- that did the trick-she now appreciates the difference a decent set of speakers makes and is happy to accept speakers as a piece of furniture, so speaker size and budget can rise a little. I liked the mission 700 at £50 a pair but what sub would go with them?

thanks again