1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax Atomic 8.2 Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by ramit, Jan 14, 2003.

1. ramit

ramit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was thinking about getting the Eltax Atomic 8.2 Subwoofer to go with my Liberty 5.0 speakers in my room which is quite small (18ft x10ft or 5.5m x3m)

Does anyone know if the subwoofer is:

a) Magnetically Sheilded?

b) Going to make a difference to my existing setup?

b) Any good?

Cheers!

2. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    I got one yesterday for £80 inc delivery but havent had a good chance to test it yet.

3. ramit

ramit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Where did you get it at that price!!!???

4. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    i got it from qed i got the black one even thought the pic is silver. I ordered it on Thursday and recieved it on monday.

Its very good i watched behind enemy lines in DTS and wow, the whole room was shacking when the jet was pulling it to avoid a missile. Also its good when listing to music. T2 was amazing in DTS the first shotgun blast from the T-800 in teh shopping mall nearly knocked me off the bed, i could feel the air woosing past my head.

5. prevailrob

prevailrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I was wondering how those subs were coming along ...

I was recently looking at getting one of these cos they seem cheap and small enough (I have to explain to the missus why we suddenly need a sub when I convinced her that we didnt need one cos we were getting floorstanders ... :) )

Cheers,
    Rob

6. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yeah, I've just bought a second hand atomic a12r...it's great (for the price), hell, it won't compare to the big boys costing 300 notes plus, but you get what you pay for...

7. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    but if you can, try and buy the biggest model you can afford, I upgraded from the a6 and it's a vast improvement...

8. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    I love the sub, the LFE is fine and can go from a tiny hum to a room shaking boom. Also works very well. It's easy to to set-up aswell. I'd totally recomend it for your first sub. It was my first sub and i still got it now and would'nt dream of replacing it. The 150W of power it put's out can be plaster crackingly good.

9. prevailrob

prevailrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can get the A8.2 in a local store for 150 euros, I might just have to go for it.

http://www.tecnologia.carrefour.es/...PrevCatId=1004017&ProdId=2497332&ST=BF1004560

I have to come to the subwoofer conclusion as I think my floorstanders handling all the base and them being close together etc is making them a bit boomy. (See my HC page below)

A mate has some fairly cheap fronts (Acoustic Solutions DS1000) and a fairly modest sub (50w iirc) and the LFE on his system seemed to impress me more than my own. For example when Diesel Van starts the black car at the end of the movie, you could feel the rumble. On mine at home it just sounds .. *loud*.

Now if only I could convince the missus as easily as myself ... :)