1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elonex Lumina

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by JohnsonChris, Mar 7, 2005.

1. JohnsonChris

JohnsonChris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening all!

I'm really interested in the Elonex Lumina - looks great and a real space saver for a small flat in London ... I know I can get the audio hooked up through the optical output to my Denon. But what about inputs - any ideas on how I can get my XBox hooked up to the unit?? The panel is a Samsung panel ... do any of the old inputs remain, or is the only way through the PCI-VGA card?

Cheers,
    Chris

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Why do you want to connect the xbox up through your pc to view on your screen, rather than a direct connection to your display???????

3. JohnsonChris

JohnsonChris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but thats the problem, this is both a pc and a tv. As far as I can work out the audio feeds and core twin analogue tuners are provded through the ATI graphics card .... but the third tuner is available through the panel's own internal tuner, separate from the PC components ... which lends me to the question ... does it also keep any component or scart connectivity from the old panel?

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Oh I see, sorry. Is there no info on the elonex web site?

5. JohnsonChris

JohnsonChris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nothing .. all it talks about is the existing audio connectivity, firewire and usb .. absolutely nothing about the video inputs.

6. lollies

lollies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to buy a media center, and in particular the Elonex Lumina but I was disappointed to learn that I would be unable to watch one digital channel whilst recording on another. The reason being that the Elonex Lumina does not have a double digital tuner.

Is there is a work around to this?