1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elonex Artisan Media Center and DVI connection

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by katerson, Aug 17, 2005.

1. katerson

katerson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello everyone
    I am a newbie to this site so please be patient.I have recently(this week)purchased a Artisan Media Center.It's a great piece of kit but i'm having real problems with the dvi connection.I'm was attempting to connect this center to an Hitach42PD7200 plasma screen via the dvi but after examining the dvi port on the plasma screen and a visit to my local Maplins i have found that this particular port is unique only to Hitachi and the "male"dvi will not fit!I'm not impressed by this so any suggestions as to a remedy would be gratefully received.Many thanks.

2. Plobelle

Plobelle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about this specific problem but you should be able to check exactly which form of DVI you have at each end and whether you can get a convertor here:
    http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_comp.html

3. sachos

sachos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also own a Elonex Artisan and looking into purchasing the same Plasma?

Did you find the right cable? Also have you had any issues with configuring the the picture so there is no overscan etc...

Cheers

Sach

4. Ellster

Ellster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just noticed this thread after posting the PC to Plasma via DVI - green component on "full" one.

I have the same plasma and...
    I bought a DVI cable from Maplins - assuming the 7200 would take a standard connector, which it seems to do.

But after reading your post, it seems there may be some pin incompatibility which could be giving me the green-on-max effect.

I bought a "single-link" cable. Mabye it needs to be a "dual-link".

5. GrandmasterMak

GrandmasterMak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI,

I NEED HELP!!!!!

I've connected my Artisan via the DVI to my Panasonic 42PW6 Plasma's PC input and i can see the deskptop but in pink - its missing some colours so what do i do!!!!!!!

Thanks