Elonex Artisan AVerMedia startup errors

Plobelle

Standard Member
I'm very confused by some errors I have noticed in the Windows system error log. They are logged every time I startup my Artisan and mostly relate to AVerMedia devices I didn't know I had! Although the system continues to work seemingly OK I don't like error messages I don't understand and would appreciate help.

My Artisan has twin digital Hauppauge Nova-T tuners. The five error messages are:

The AVerMedia AVerTV MPEG Video Capture (!) service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

The AVerMedia AVerTV MPEG Encoder service failed to start...

The AVerMedia AVerTV MPEG Crossbar (Dual-Input) service failed to start ...

The AVerMedia AVerTV Tuner service failed to start ...

The Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Any suggestions please?

Dan L

If it's working okay then I wouldn't worry. Sounds like it's trying to start services relating to software that was once installed, but isn't any longer.

You could just disable each of these services which would stop the errors being logged.

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services

Find each of the services you've listed above (in the list), then right-click on each and set the startup type to "Disabled". If anything breaks just set it back to "Automatic".

Dan

Trending threads

Top Bottom