1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elliott Smith

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Buck Swope, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This time last year I was sitting here, in shock, as I was told that that Elliott Smith had committed suicide. Now this was a new experience for me. There are a few musicians, who's music I enjoy, who have passed in recent years. Many musicians, who's music I love, were lost year before my days. But now someone who's music deeply touched me, maybe more then any other, had just a few hours ago been pronounced dead. It was painful. A new pain.

Anyway enough of my streaming consciousness (whatever that first paragraph was it wasn't what I planned this post to be (whatever that is :) )). What with (what I consider to be) the general music taste in the music forum, i'm surprised the name Elliott Smith hasn't popped up more often, if at all! I've never posted in the music forum before but do check in from time to time and it seems you guys have you heads screwed on (most of the time) when it comes to music, or at least discuss it maturely. So what's up with the emission of Mr Smith?

His new album, From a basement on the Hill, was released this week and with today being the first anniversary of his death I thought i'd take it upon myself to take, what seems to be the first step and tell you lazy buggers to strain yourselves and click on play.com or somewhere and order this man's album. Never herd of him before? buy this album. Disappointed with this weeks releases? Buy this album. Feeling down? Buy this alb... it's a little dark but yes, buy this album. A very solid piece of work it is to.

And I refuse to believe i'm the only one on this forum who's a fan. Where are you guys?

2. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm with you on this one... a pretty tragic loss. I have to admit my favourite is probably his work on Good Will Hunting. Great songs.

Ian Guinan

3. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Buck

Yes a tragic loss and very very sad. I have all his albums and Baby Britain is playing as I type this :)

4. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    He's a great singer/songwiter. I havn't got his new album yet.

5. Libby

Libby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0