Ellion LABO-110 Cheapest DTS MKV Streamer (formerly LABO-100)

Thank you very much for your reply, but its exactly what I did already and its not working...:(

Please ensure of your sharing permisson Tab and Security Tab.
'Everyone' and 'Guest' accounts need including in each Tab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking about buying one of these if it can replace the need to replace a broken Blu Ray player.

I have a number of blu ray discs (and DVD's) and our blu ray player has died.

I have a Blu Ray drive on a PC with which I can rip the discs to ISO on an external hard drive.

My question is - does this unit now play Blu Ray as well as DVD from ISO files on an external hard drive? - I don't cherish the idea of a 5-6 hours overhead converting to other formats.

Thanks for any guidance.

Hi

Yes it supports to playback Bluelay ISO format. Formats to be supported are as below
Video : H.264, WMV9, MKV, AVC, RMV,
MPEG2 HD (ts, tp), HD AVI, MPEG1/2 Video
(mpg, ifo, vob, iso), MPEG-4 Video (avi/mpg), Bluelay ISO

Regards

I am thinking about buying one of these if it can replace the need to replace a broken Blu Ray player.

I have a number of blu ray discs (and DVD's) and our blu ray player has died.

I have a Blu Ray drive on a PC with which I can rip the discs to ISO on an external hard drive.

My question is - does this unit now play Blu Ray as well as DVD from ISO files on an external hard drive? - I don't cherish the idea of a 5-6 hours overhead converting to other formats.

Thanks for any guidance.

Hi

Yes it supports to playback Bluelay ISO format. Formats to be supported are as below
Video : H.264, WMV9, MKV, AVC, RMV,
MPEG2 HD (ts, tp), HD AVI, MPEG1/2 Video
(mpg, ifo, vob, iso), MPEG-4 Video (avi/mpg), Bluelay ISO

Regards

Thanks Ikhwan.

I assume it also plays .m2ts files directly off the HDD (is MPEG2 HD ts the same thing? - sorry for my ignorance on this)

Thanks

Thanks Ikhwan.

I assume it also plays .m2ts files directly off the HDD (is MPEG2 HD ts the same thing? - sorry for my ignorance on this)

Thanks

Yes it plays .m2ts as for MPEG-2 in .ts containers yes they are quite similar the m2ts and ts container are both transport stream containers.

You may find it easier and use up less space by ripping the Blu-ray to HDD with MakeMKV as;
* this transfers the original quality video and audio into a .mkv container - no compression.
* copies chapter data and subtitles into the .mkv file too
* allows you to pick the audio track which will be important as you need to pick the regular Dolby AC3 or DTS audio tracks on the Blu-ray, the media player cannot handle Dolby TrueHD or DTS-MA high definition audio streams.
* Less space used if you only take the main movie, all the extras on the disc can be deselected before ripping so less space wasted versus ripping as .iso image.

Thanks next010.

Thats interesting.
Briefly looking at the MakeMKV details it says it will convert as fast as the hard drive will read.
So it should be as quick to convert as it is to rip to ISO - I'll download and try it when I have a minute, but do you know if that's the case.

Thanks again.

OK, tried Makemkv and found a problem.

I converted a BD and all appeared to go well.

However when I played it in Totalmedia on my PC it was reported as 'unknown codec' (for the video) although it did play.
I put it on a HDD and attached to my LG TV which plays MKV, but the file was 'unsupported' and showed ' Codec -unknown'.

I opened it in GSpot, and there was no data shown at all - Gspot did not recognise it - video or audio.

Am I doing something wrong - what codecs/file formats does MakeMKV convert to?

If I buy a Labo, will I have the same problem?

Thanks.

MakeMKV doesn't convert any video, it is the original codecs from the Blu-ray inside the file.

Try playing the video in Potplayer, MPC-HC or VLC, it should work in all of those players assuming your PC's hardware can handle it.

MakeMKV doesn't convert any video, it is the original codecs from the Blu-ray inside the file.

So I discovered after investigating a bit more.

However - I copied the original .m2ts from the BR to an external hard drive and renamed it to .mkv, then copied it again and left the second copy as .m2ts. I then converted the BD to mkv and put that on the hard drive with the other 2 files.

I plugged the HD into the TV USB port and the TV saw all 3.
When trying the m2ts it said 'unsupported file', but the mkv (same file renamed) played -with no sound.
When I tried playing the MakeMKV converted file, that wouldn't play either, reporting 'invalid file format'.
So something is changed by MKV.

Very strange.

1) Renaming the container from .m2ts to .mkv does not change the container type.
2) The TV probably supports AVCHD (.m2ts) which is why the video might have played if H.264
3) The TV doesn't support MKV

If the video from MakeMKV plays fine in any of the above media players that I linked to then it will play on the Labo-110.

Thanks next010.

Does anyone know where I can download a manual for this - thir site requires a serial no. to access it.

Thanks next010.

Does anyone know where I can download a manual for this - thir site requires a serial no. to access it.

You might prefer just getting the Mede8er Mini, it is the same hardware as the Labo player just with different firmware.

You can read the AVforums review of it's bigger brother only difference is it takes a HDD. Website is here with manuals and forums.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
hello,

I have a new issue (this question was asked already) - is it possible to get video signal from HDMI and sound from AV out? somebody replied that its working fine for him. In my case I can't get sound from AV out at all...

I've detached the HDMI cable and connected cable to AV out - video I can see but no sound, also If I'm connecting this cable to my amplifier (only red and white connectors) also no sound...

I tried to connect regular stereo cable with 3.5 jack to AV out, but also no luck... Any ideas?

^^ What does that latest FW offer over older ones?

I am looking at the back of this player on their website, the connection (one that looks like 3.5 mm jack), is this the normal AV that can be connected to a older CRT TV? Thinking of getting this for my flat screen but also might want to visit some people who do not have flat screen so if this will work with a standard CRT via the front connector this would be great.

I cannot play youtube on my Hyundai L-110, and have not seen anybody complaining about this. It is in the internet channels, you can search and find videos, but when you want to play it, nothing happens.
Do I need to install something? I installed the latest firmware available.

I cannot play youtube on my Hyundai L-110, and have not seen anybody complaining about this. It is in the internet channels, you can search and find videos, but when you want to play it, nothing happens.
Do I need to install something? I installed the latest firmware available.

It was working perfectly fine until few weeks ago. I think something with Youtube changed. My Labo 110 also stopped working with youtube videos and the behaviour is exactly as you described.

Unfortunatelly the producer do not provide support, not answer to the questions. So, what we should do to fix this?

Unfortunatelly the producer do not provide support, not answer to the questions. So, what we should do to fix this?

I absolutely have no idea. I'm a software developer myself but I really don't have time to go that way. I will for now keep bombarding them with the following support request:

Labo 110 Youtube Support
Labo-110's Youtube support just stopped working. It used to work and I didn't do anything (change settings, upgrade firmware... nothing). Something with Youtube changed?

Edit: I'll also use their German site as well. In Germany, I think they can't escape so easily =)

Last edited:
@luc1979

My firmware is C748LP_1P00E_110215A_010EL btw. I'll post updates, for sure.:)

Hi,

I still cannot play youtube and no answer from the supplier. Any luck for you?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom