1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ellie xs 2000ht

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cutes6, Jan 16, 2001.

1. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Guys
    I am seriously considering buying the ellie xs2000ht but the only place I can find it for sale is screensuk.Does anybody else sell these as they are a long way from me as far as a demo is concerned. Also if this projector is 15ft away from the screen would it be watchable in normal light or will it have to be totaly dark.sorry to ask basic questions but its a big investment and I have been watching this board for a while and I will value your input, Thanks

2. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    I have this projector,and have mine approximately 15ft from the screen.
    It is not watchable in full daylight but fair in a half light situation.
    If you need to watch in full daylight go lcd or dlp.

3. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I can say is if you are going to spend nearly £4000 then a trip to ScreensUK is well worth it to put your mind at rest. I have an Ellie and I am extremely happy with it. The support is excellent and the people are very friendly. Get on the train or get in the car but once you have seen it you will probably buy it.

4. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks Guys
    I will take your advice and visit them,as far as price goes if they are the only people selling them then there isnt any competition although I accept they are probably a very good company. Would it be fair to ask you if they did negotiate with you after all every bit helps ! Without spending fortunes whay screen would you advise upto 8 ft or What are you using and how much is it, Thanks again its much appreciated

5. HT Dude

HT Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ScreensUK have the Ellie specifically manufactured for them by an Italian company.
    It compares favourably with CRT projectors costing much more and in terms of quality of picture, the Ellie blows LCD away.
    Their screens are priced on their site. I have one of their screens and it is fine.
    If you are ordering a projector and screen and installation, they may cut you a deal, for the whole package or they may not.
    If you don't ask, you don't get.
    It's worth taking a day to visit Birmingham, checking out the Ellie and then perhaps visiting Star City - just a short trip away - to compare the Ellie with the real thing !

6. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks HC Dude,
    Who are Star city and do they have a web site and what is the real thing ? thanks

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

7. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't use a special screen as I have the projector in a converted garage and there is no ambient light in there. It is just emulsioned chipboard and it works brilliantly right up to when my 3 year old tries to get into the screen. Then it is crack repair time.

8. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    3 year olds and big white screens dont go together especially with crayons but it must be funny watching her trying to get in ha ha.I have allsorts of hifi and a sony 41" 4:3 tv to sell would people recommend loot or is there a better place, my wife says if I can sell it all then I can have the Ellie

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

9. HT Dude

HT Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Star City is a new multi-screen Cinema complex - the biggest in Europe ?
    It's just a couple of miles from Screens UK, and the real thing is, of course, the cinema.

10. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks HC Dude,

the trouble is when you have seen a big one you never want to go smaller ever again !

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wife said something similar the other day, but i have a feeling it wasn't about projectors?!!?

12. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Are you still friends with the milkman now Phil...lol..