Elizabeth HD DVD Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by The News Bot, Sep 16, 2007.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
    News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Reviewed by Keith Hurst
    Elizabeth is a fine example of the historical drama genre and I really cannot do anything more here other than highly recommend this film. It was a joy to watch the actors play and grow with their characters. It was engaging to see Elizabeth herself mature from a simple joyful teenager into a monarch with the entire wherewithal to know when to listen and when to take ruthless action. The presentation is exemplary, never ceasing for one moment you will be carried away and swept up in the intrigue on offer.

Beautiful cinematography, lighting, writing and more than a little comedy Elizabeth tries to encompass all of what a young girl maturing into a monarch would feel and experience. Christopher Eccleston works wonders with his bearded foreboding role (a new Master BBC ?), Kathy Burke in a more sombre role than she is used to portrays the viciousness of Bloody Mary all too well. It goes though to our main two actors here, Blanchett and Rush. They've always put their hearts into the roles I have seen them in; here, perhaps, they offer up their souls as well.

An admitted steal from The Godfather towards the end fits well and I chuckled when it all came on screen, look out for it. It's not hard to spot and only adds to your enjoyment of a truly wonderful piece of work.
    Read the full review...

2. namuk

namuk
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,332
    God this film was good :) i like my History indeed , this film is definitely a Re-watch IMOP:thumbsup: .. so much to say but this why the review, nice one Keth:smashin:I would not of entertained the film other wise. i no one thing The end of film , thats the Day english took no crap from Anyone :)

Love it :thumbsup:

version HD-DVD 5.1+ track .. pitty no TureHD track:(

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009