Eliza Dushku - Bird Dog

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Eliza Dushku to star in a new family cop drama, TNT's pilot, Bird Dog, not the most flattering off names, though some will think it's fitting.
If she wants a sure-fire hit, do a Buffy spin-off, Faith tv series.

"Bird Dog is a mystery fashioned around an unlikely partnership of two cops who happen to be father and daughter. It centers on Gail McGrath (Dushku), who followed in her father's footsteps in becoming a police officer but had little else in common with him. She left the big city she had grown up in to move to a small Pacific Northwestern town where she was patrolling the streets until her dad, a NYC cop, showed up on her front doorstep to join her as her new partner. Now this father-daughter team, call sign 'Bird Dog,' is being put to the test -- not only in solving crimes, but with each other."

Don't want to knock a show before its debut, but there are way too many new and good cop shows for this to stand much of a chance imho, unless they cast someone superb as the dad, since Duckshoot hasn't shown much of an acting range.

Haven't TNT already got Memphis Beat, Rizzoli & Isles, and Southland ... are they over-compensating for ending Saving Grace and cancelling Dark Blue?

Pretty much nailed on every cliche in the book in that description!

Unlikely partnership of two cops - check
who happen to be father and daughter who don't get on - check
Big town cop moving to small town USA - check

and the last line is just cringeworthy!...

Now this father-daughter team, call sign 'Bird Dog,' is being put to the test -- not only in solving crimes, but with each other."

I give it 6 weeks top! :D

I still would...

... watch the first couple of eps.

I recently just finished Dollhouse (miss it terribly! :() and, having never really heard of Eliza Dushku before watching it, was captivated by her performances. She certainly has on-screen presence and charisma.

I take it her production company is behind this show? I'll give it a swirl and see what it's like.

She should be in more TV shows. Apparently she has is an outrageous flirt IRL, has a larger-than-life personality and masses of energy.

Blue skies.

I recently just finished Dollhouse (miss it terribly! :() and, having never really heard of Eliza Dushku before watching it, was captivated by her performances. She certainly has on-screen presence and charisma.

I take it her production company is behind this show? I'll give it a swirl and see what it's like.

She should be in more TV shows. Apparently she has is an outrageous flirt IRL, has a larger-than-life personality and masses of energy.

Blue skies.

Glad you enjoyed Dollhouse, yes reminded me that i miss it too.
Dushku's break-out role was as vampire slayer 'Faith' in 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' & 'Angel' tv series, i also enjoyed her in 'do-over-day' series 'Tru Calling', all worth a watch.

Hey rai.

I've heard of Tru Calling but never watched it. Thanks for bringing it up. Just went and had a wee read up about it and it's something I'm definitely going to be watching over xmas now.

Yeah Dollhouse was amazing. Brilliant cast and characters and easily one of the most memorable TV series that I've seen recently. Sadly missed!

Thanks!

I've heard of Tru Calling but never watched it. Thanks for bringing it up. Just went and had a wee read up about it and it's something I'm definitely going to be watching over xmas now.

Just so you're definitely aware it was cancelled, unfortunately when it was getting quite interesting as they brought in the
Jason Priestly character

Just so you're definitely aware it was cancelled, unfortunately when it was getting quite interesting as they brought in the
Jason Priestly character

Yep, much like Dollhouse it started off a bit crap but got much better later on, then they cancelled it!

Hey rai.

Yeah Dollhouse was amazing. Brilliant cast and characters and easily one of the most memorable TV series that I've seen recently. Sadly missed!

Thanks!

I love Eliza but Tru calling is pretty forgetable. Try Buffy and see her at her finest.:smashin: five by five.:)

I love Eliza but Tru calling is pretty forgetable. Try Buffy and see her at her finest.:smashin: five by five.:)

Agree, she was great in Buffy and to be fair excellent in Dollhouse. She was good in Tru Calling too, but did not have the support of decent writers to make decent show.

This sounds like a promising show, whilst the tag lines are cheesy, have a look at most TV shows and you will find they had similarly awful tag lines.

good thing, too. she's getting a rep for being in shows destined to fail and this would not have helped.

Ashley Williams set to replace Eliza Dushku in TNT's Bird Dog according to reports.

Williams, 32, will play Gail McGrath, a cop who is forced to partner with her estranged father, also a policeman, who will be portrayed by Gerald McRaney (Undercovers, Major Dad).

5657432.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom