Question Elite still showing BST, not GMT

RayP

My Harmony Elite is still showing the time in BST. Given the clocks went back in the early hours I was expecting it to adjust automatically.

In Settings - Remote - Set Time I have Automatic Date/Time enabled and the greyed out time zone shows GMT. How do you get the correct time?

logiciel

How would it know to do it automatically?:(

RayP

How would it know to do it automatically?:(
Via the Hub apparently but I've rebooted it and still no joy. If you go into settings to change the time zone it saves changes to the Hub. So the Hub appears to be the link to the outside world and getting the correct time.

I even logged into the Harmony software on my Windows PC and resynced but the time is still stuck on BST. o_O Is yours okay?

RayP

I checked the Logitech forums and someone else has the same problem.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Ditto.

It doesn't really have any effect on me though. I didn't even notice until I read your post as I have it displaying the battery meter.

logiciel

I don’t know how it could be done.
I stopped using mine years ago and don’t remember.:)

RayP

No reply yet from Logitech. Seems such a bizarre problem. Something needs resetting at Logitech. When does Europe change their clocks? It’s not a big problem, just something I find odd.
@logiciel , you need to update your sig. ;)

Moily

Europe changes at the same time as the UK. Perhaps Logitech have adjusted the software to follow the US DST schedule instead?

I've had to disable the automatic time zone selection and manually set the time zone to Azores to get the correct time to show.

logiciel

I still have them all - and the Sevenhugs - but don’t use them.:)
I also still don’t get how they’d get the remote to do the change.

RayP

I reckon the hub 'talks' to a server at Logitech. It reads your IP address so knows what country you're in. That means it should know what time zone to put you in.

qwakuk

Had the same issue with a 950 yesterday (basically the same remote)

Took it off automatic time setting and set it manually

techdiver

Same issue here.

logiciel

I don’t think that Logitech are anywhere near as sophisticated as that - but I could be quite wrong.

Moily

I reckon the hub 'talks' to a server at Logitech. It reads your IP address so knows what country you're in. That means it should know what time zone to put you in.
It doesn't need to talk to Logitech, as you just set the time zone for each hub in the Harmony app.

The hub should update automatically given the date/time of the time changes (which are predictable for Europe), but there may be a bug that has prevented it doing so this time.

RayP

I've reselected my Time Zone in the Windows software I use and still no joy. And no reply on the topic on the Logitech forum. :(

RayP

You'll need to change the time zone to the Azores to get the correct time, until they fix it.
The Azores are GMT-1. Casablanca is the best option.

logiciel

Why does anyone use the tiny Harmony clock?!

RayP

Why does anyone use the tiny Harmony clock?!
I don't usually but when the clocks advance / retard it's just something you check I suppose.

RayP

Both set to the same time (GMT) at the moment.
Poi’s like multiple time zones are up then. Still no response from Logitech.

RayP

There are scores of unanswered posts on the Logitech forums. Not even any message that support may be slow because of the pandemic. I’m struggling to think why they would behave this way. Doesn’t bode well.

logiciel

They haven’t made any new remotes for ages. Go figure!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 2nd December 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Klipsch announces four Cinema soundbars for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson adds Connect 250 streaming amp to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces XR series Hi-Fi products
  • By Andy Bassett