Elite sends Xbox 360 sales soaring

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
The Xbox 360 has enjoyed its biggest sales bump since launch, with the arrival of the 160GB HDMI-enabled Elite edition and a price reduction on its Core and premium models. Microsoft says week-on-week sales jumped 260 per cent following the Elite launch, tailing off only slightly in its second week.
More...

L

Lenny The Bruce

The Xbox 360 has enjoyed its biggest sales bump since launch, with the arrival of the 160GB HDMI-enabled Elite edition and a price reduction on its Core and premium models. Microsoft says week-on-week sales jumped 260 per cent following the Elite launch, tailing off only slightly in its second week.
More...

It's a poor system compared to the PS3.

Farrmark

Standard Member
Just to clear up a few things here:

It's 120GB not 160GB
It stomps all over the PS3 from a great height

That is all.

T

Torquemada UK

I have both and they're each great in their own way.

At the moment the Xbox is the better for games due to it's wider range and mature Live support; whilst the PS3 is better today as a media player due to its 1080/24p BR support, the fact that I can connect it to my KDL40D3000 via HDMI (whilst the Xbox is limited to component, as I can't justify trading up to an Elite) and build quality (I too have suffered the Red Rings of Death).

I'm expecting the Xbox to maintain its lead for at least another year thanks to games that are still in the pipeline like Halo 3, Mass Effect, PGR4, Alan Wake, etc. In another couple of years I expect that the PS3 will then overtake the Xbox for games as well, as developers become more comfortable with it and Home has the kinks knocked out of it and becomes established - but for now it's horses for courses.

Righty-ho - I'm off to play some more Bioshock.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom