elite problem .. interference ?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by tabs, Sep 12, 2007.

1. tabs

tabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    got an elite yesterday :smashin: ... my problem goes like this.......

we have one of these video sender units (transmitter downstairs, receiver upstairs) so we can receive sky upstairs .. its worked brilliantly for 3 odd years without a hitch,
    but as soon as i switched on the new xbox yesterday, the upstairts tv is unwatchable, ie .. loads of crackly lines and cracklin noises, but what could be causing it ?

i thought it was the router, but i even unplugged and disconnected the router and it still did it, so i boiled it down to the xbox, and it even does it when its not switched on :confused::confused::confused:

anyone help ... please

2. MitsiTurbo

MitsiTurbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    It could be the power brick causing it? Try turning power to the Xbox off at the wall and see if the problem goes away. Power back on and see if it comes back. Not sure what you could do to resolve it though im afraid

3. Gazaman

Gazaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    We also use a video sender and i actually had problems with it when i used to have a Wii. The problem i was getting though was not with the picture quality from the av sender but with the wii remote(basically it didn't work whilst the video sender was on). Which would normally make me suspect that your problem has something to do with the wireless controller but as you say the xbox isn't even on,i'm not so sure.:confused:
    I suppose the best thing to do would be to power off the xbox at the mains and remove it from your setup and try your av sender again just to confirm it is this(you never know-it could be just coincedence that the sender starting acting strange after adding your xbox).

Sorry i cant be of more help

Gaz

4. Epicurus

Epicurus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +695
    It could be any number of things. If it even does it when switched off I assume the Xbox is roughly in a straight line between the TV and video sender? Or perhaps near the TV suffering interference? Probably the power brick.

5. gavsteryoung

gavsteryoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think your find the wireless for the controllers is on all the time even when the 360 is powered down.

It is always scanning waiting for a signal from a controller to switch its self on.

As mentioned above unplugging the powerbrick from the wall will let you know for sure!

6. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    my video sender lets you select a channel,so that if you do get interference,you can always switch,to one that might not have it.
    why not try that,or see if it doesn indeed allow you to pick different channels.
    i think mine is A,B,C and D,and C is what is best for us.

7. stu.artd

stu.artd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I have a videosender and the 360 causes interference whenever it's plugged in. As has been suggested it polls for wireless controllers all the time, even when plugged in but not turned on.

My Wii and PS3 cause no interference, it's only ever been the 360 so I have to unplug it when the wife wants to watch TV upstairs.

RottenFox, I think mine has different channels. I might try changing it to another one to see if that cures it. That''ll probably just mean the Wii (whenevr Nintendo repair it) interferes instead though. :suicide:

8. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,473
    The 360 has it's wifi switched on whenever it's connected to the mains, whether it's on or off. If you think about it, it'd have to to detect when you want to start up the 360 by powering on the wireless pad.

Wireless senders and the 360 don't co-exist very well I'm afraid.

9. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I assume because both the Wii and the PS3 use bluetooth which is a different technology and probably uses a different frequency. I suspect if the 360 used bluetooth it wouldn't be a problem either.

10. Paranoid

Paranoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I`ve had this problem aswell with a DigiSender and premium xbox. Only way to solve it was turn the 360`s power of at the socket. Changing channels didnt seem to work either.

11. robster333

robster333
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The interference problem between the X-Box and the Digisender is caused by the Wireless Controllers which i beleive are Bluetooth. As has been suggested unplugging the X-Box from the mains is the only way to cure the problem although it can be a proximity problem if the Digisender and the X-Box are moved further apart the interference can be reduced but this is something that is not very practical as you need both these units connected to a television. Typical of Microsoft not to have the same regualtions regarding interference as other companies!!!!!!

12. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,473
    The controllers are WiFi, not Bluetooth, and it's the 360 causing the interference as the WiFi is always on, even when it's off (except at the mains), if you see what I mean.

13. ukkev2000

ukkev2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I think it's the same frequency. I suspect it's just a dodgy vid sender.

@OP, try relocating the items or buying the missus a book to read instead :)