• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Elite on Ebay, currently $800, the worlds gone mad!

zAndy1

Distinguished Member

Jay

Banned
The elite will sell out and alot of people are going to make some serious money on ebay, especially when it launches in the uk. At least all the :censored: that tried it with the ps3 flopped :D The elite will be in demand due to them not supplying enough.

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
I hear the Ebay scalpers waking up...

Personally, i dont care, its not my money.

R

roaryyyj

Hmm whats the difference between the standard xbox 360, and the Elite version?
Just the colour?

Jack-Deth

Distinguished Member
The elite will sell out and alot of people are going to make some serious money on ebay, especially when it launches in the uk. At least all the :censored: that tried it with the ps3 flopped :D The elite will be in demand due to them not supplying enough.

I know this is a silly question but, will you be getting one? :D

Jay

Banned
I know this is a silly question but, will you be getting one? :D

If my 360 breaks, then i'll be picking it up, so I guess it's a yes then as I know my current 360 will never last me the length of the consoles life span.

j_s

Established Member
I don't think there is a die shrink with the CPU, the comparison pics show the CPU to be identical in size but there have been other revisions to the motherboard which has happened with most consoles released in the past and present.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
theres one on ebay for $5000 now.

Pebb

Distinguished Member
$5,000 being the current bid is a bit crazy, but I still don't see the point in anyone buying an Elite either off Ebay or in a store.

danvitale

Established Member
It also has a revised CPU that uses less power.
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/inside_the_xbox_360_elite.htm

I want to know if the Elite is quieter, if so I want one.

Its the Hitachi (not BenQ) DVD drive. Massively missed oppotunity for MS to quieten the 360. Huge mistake IMO.

Youre essentially paying for a HDMI port in that whole package... the larger drive should be available seperately soon... the Elite is a big dud as far as Im concerned.

AML

Prominent Member
I beleive they will still do a proper revision and make it quiet as well as giving it HDMI as standard.
The HDD is interchangeable so it should be sold as a separate soon enough.

The revision should include the smaller CPU and quieter fan system. Or even some sort of water cooling.

Either that or just wait for the next console!

m1ket

Prominent Member
I kinda glad the elite is not coming out until later in the Uk we might actually get the version with the 60nm chip whihc is the one im waiting for :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom