Elite migration uncertainty...

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Kahled, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Kahled

Kahled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Recently picked up an Elite and starting to get it set up, now what I want to do is to transfer the contents of my current machines HDD across. 'Ah easy', you say... 'read the faq and order the cable etc' but unfortunately there is an added wrinkle into this.

Not so long back I picked up the 120GB disk for the existing system and transferred the content of the original 20GB HDD to that new HDD. So what I actually want to do is to transfer the existing 120GB HDD to the new Elite 120GB HDD.

The transfer cable and software that came with the 120GB drive states that it can only be done once and from 20GB -> 120GB so I am apprehensive about trashing the save records and such with an extra transfer. I could just plug the 'old' 120GB disk into the Elite but would be better to keep the correct hardware together.

So has anyone done this or does anyone know if there would be a problem in trying to transfer 120Gb -> 120GB using the cable/software that came with the seperate drive?

2. MChatterley

MChatterley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Silly question but why dont you just use the 120Gb hard disk thats already got the data on it? I hate transfer cables. Give me xcopy anyday :thumbsup:

3. Kahled

Kahled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    That is certainly an option but as I mentioned I would rather use the drive that came with the Elite for the Elite even if only from an aesthetic POV (they are different colours)

4. MChatterley

MChatterley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    In that case I'd say if its visible try and move the data, if your 360 is in an AV rack of somesort lay on its side (Like it should be) then keep using the one with the data.

5. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302