Elite gets a UK Release Date?

:rolleyes: <------------------------- *Not even remotely surprised.*

Looks like MS UK are hoping to cash in on xmas sales then if Nov release really is to be believed.

At least by then the new chips will be in production so we might get a cooler, quiter Elite.

At least by then the new chips will be in production so we might get a cooler, quiter Elite.

If they do that i might replace mine.

I think the elite is a complete waste of time to be honest. They should be focusing on reducing the cost of the core and premium models plus offering colour choice. MS seem to have completely lost the plot on the 360 range at the moment and need to focus on retaining their market lead.

THis means a lower price point and reducing the cost of the console, not introducing extra spec with minimal benefit.

The new cpu and hdmi are comming anyway which will reduce costs and bring most of the benefits. You are just paying extra for a bigger hd and a black console at the end of the day :rolleyes:

You are just paying extra for a bigger hd and a black console at the end of the day :rolleyes:

and HDMI. And the bragging rights of "I have an elite" (which people will buy it just for that).

I have completely lost interest in the Elite. Especially when i found out it was only HDMI 1,2 meaning no HD sound for the Add-on.

120GB HDD id the only thing i wouldn't mind but i can just import a US one now instead.

The Xbox 360 Elite does not even need an HDMI port.

I think the elite is a complete waste of time to be honest. They should be focusing on reducing the cost of the core and premium models plus offering colour choice. MS seem to have completely lost the plot on the 360 range at the moment and need to focus on retaining their market lead.

THis means a lower price point and reducing the cost of the console, not introducing extra spec with minimal benefit.

The new cpu and hdmi are comming anyway which will reduce costs and bring most of the benefits. You are just paying extra for a bigger hd and a black console at the end of the day :rolleyes:

Spot on!

Its not a watse of time, nobody is forcing anyone to buy it.

As an owner of a 1080p TV, I will be buying one so I can get true 1080p output.

However, I would say that Microsoft really messed up by not including Wi-Fi. The PSP and DS have built in Wi-Fi, but not a &#163;300 state of the art console, thats just silly.

As an owner of a 1080p samsung TV I already get True 1080p output :D

HDMI brings nothing to the table for me, the only good thing is the 120 gig HD

Well thats down to opinion but the core and premium are also getting hdmi I guess if you want a black box and a bigger hd its worth it, I still think there efforts would be better focused getting the existing product range prices down than adding another product with limited benefits. Its just confusing the consumer apart from anything.

Exactly. Many people looking to get into console gaming are still confused about whether to get Core or Premium.

the core and premium are also getting hdmi

not according to MS.

There was a rumour before the elite was offically announced that the elite would be a limited run, and then HDMI and the bigger HDD would then be rolled into the Premiums, but when the elite was announced, MS said that was not the case, and the 3 SKU's would be staying as they are.

Where did quite a few people on here hear that the Premium and Core systems will also be getting hdmi??

Exactly. Many people looking to get into console gaming are still confused about whether to get Core or Premium.

What the hell is confusing about it ??:suicide:

If you want hard drive, buy a Premium

If you want HDMI and a bigger hard drive then buy an Elite.

Most 1080p TV's don't accept 1080p via VGA or component so for most 1080p TV owners the Elite will be a good thing.

What the hell is confusing about it ??:suicide:

If you want hard drive, buy a Premium

If you want HDMI and a bigger hard drive then buy an Elite.

Most 1080p TV's don't accept 1080p via VGA or component so for most 1080p
TV owners the Elite will be a good thing.

There's at least a couple of people on these forums everyday that ask "What's the difference/which should i get?"
Think of the poor parents out of their place in a games store who've just got a Xmas list that says Xbox360.
Though it may be hard to believe here, there are still those who've never heard the phrase HD or HDMI or Live.

There's at least a couple of people on these forums everyday that ask "What's the difference/which should i get?"
Think of the poor parents out of their place in a games store who've just got a Xmas list that says Xbox360.
Though it may be hard to believe here, there are still those who've never heard the phrase HD or HDMI or Live.
:smashin: yup everyone starts from the begining, need to accomadate those who have zero knowledge and just want advice

I'm rapidly losing interest in the Elite then.

If the Elite's not out before GTA IV I'll probably pick up a cheap PS3 instead.

not according to MS.

There was a rumour before the elite was offically announced that the elite would be a limited run, and then HDMI and the bigger HDD would then be rolled into the Premiums, but when the elite was announced, MS said that was not the case, and the 3 SKU's would be staying as they are.

That's exteremely unlikely, they aren't going to have seperate production lines with one set making machines with HDMI and the other with the old style motherboard (sans HDMI).

They'll convert all lines to production of the HDMI model as soon as they can - simple business sense. If the Elite is coming out soon then the chances are that all lines are already pushing out HDMI capable machines and that there's a bunch of old stock in the supply chain that they are looking to shift first. Once they've got those out of the distribution chain you'll see all Xboxes coming with HDMI.

As for the HDD sizes, they can mix and match no HDD, 20gig HDD and 120gig HDD bundles as they see fit. My guess is that they'll have trouble shifting a 360 for more than about 300 quid tops, no matter what size HDD it has.

That's exteremely unlikely, they aren't going to have seperate production lines with one set making machines with HDMI and the other with the old style motherboard (sans HDMI)

If the "Elite" costs more than the "normal" I'd guess they'd keep both in production. This assumes that a scaler with HDMI in it costs more than a scaler without HDMI.

As for the put-back, when is BT properly launching Vision? I guess it's the Video marketplace/IPTV infrastructure that's holding it up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom