• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Elite / Arcade connectivity options

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
A friend of mine needs some advice and I haven't really kept in touch with the options since I bought my own console.

What connectivity cables do you get these days with both versions? I assume you still get the good old scart and composite connections?

The fella doesnt have an HDTV

bearman3784

Distinguished Member
in the new batches of elites you only get a composite scart lead now :thumbsdow

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Weird....but cheers! :smashin:

I suppose that is because there is only that and teh arcade version these days that most will buy the elite without necessarily having an HDTV.

No it's because MS are tight arses who have packaged the cheapest and worst possible connection with the machine. Even for non HD there are much better options such as RGB scart, but regardless of that, to sell their "elite" product without an HD interface cable is disgraceful imo. Even the original Premiums had a joint lead with both composite and component cables available out of the box.

To be fair it's only very recently they stripped the box of the HDMI and audio adapter, but it's still not on and i got a new pack without.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom