1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite 4

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Geordie Jester, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Geordie Jester

Geordie Jester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Hi there,

Reading "best gaming moments" reminded me of mine which was playing Elite 2 : Frontier. There was something very engrossing about making enough money to buy a new ship and then taking it out for its first flight ! I think the atmosphere of the game was a good balance of role play and adventure. Does anyone else have fond memories of this game ?

Also, There were rumours a while back about a new Elite style game in development. Anyone know anything about it ? With the power of today's consoles/pc's and the use of internet play this sort of game could be awesome. Imagine sitting at a space dock while one you see one of your mates arrive in his spanking new cruiser and be able to talk to him over your headset.

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,484
    Have you played X2-The Threat?

This is an excellent game, along the same lines to Elite. It has station building, trading, all the usual ship buying/selling, capturing ships, etc etc

Egosoft have just released a major update patch for it aswell.

Greg

3. Geordie Jester

Geordie Jester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    no. not heard of that one. checking it out, it seems that people either love it or really hate it !

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,484
    It isn't a game that you are going to jump right into, which is why some people don't like it, if you take your time and build up your ships, stations, rankings etc you will find the game very enjoyable. Check out www.egosoft.com/x2 for more info.

I think there is a demo for this, try it and see what you think. The graphics are amazing so you need a pretty reasonable computer to run it ok.

Cheers
    Greg