Eliminating wires from plasmas

J

jonnyhaw

I would like to mount my plasma on the wall, but don't really want to have to cut channels into the wall etc. It occured to me the other day - could you use one of those video sender things to get the signal from your tuner to the TV, thus eliminating the wires? If not, isn't it about time someone invented something to do that. It would save a fortune on plasters!

Wireless speakers would be good too.

jonnyhaw said:
I would like to mount my plasma on the wall, but don't really want to have to cut channels into the wall etc. It occured to me the other day - could you use one of those video sender things to get the signal from your tuner to the TV, thus eliminating the wires? If not, isn't it about time someone invented something to do that. It would save a fortune on plasters!

Wireless speakers would be good too.

a video sender will be harder to hide with a wall mounted plasma plus youre going to get replies saying the quality is unacceptable. The old fashioned way of hiding wires is best, plastering small channels is easier than cleaning the mess from cutting the channels in the first place.

Plaster is cheap, decent wireless technology is expensive, and nobody has yet figured how to send 240v 5a supply wirelessly, or nobody who has lived to tell the tale! My home install has no channelling to the plasma, it's over a radiator cabinet. Others have used chrome poles, drilled in from the other side of the wall, gone up the chimmney, get your imagination going! Is it an inside or outside wall?

It's an outside wall.

How about wireless speakers? You have to admit trying to hide wires all round your skirting board is a pain...

Ouch :)

Wireless speakers are a bit of a con because they're not entirely wireless, its just a marketting ploy to get people to buy them and I think there would be a bit of lag.

Unfortunatley the best way is to channel the walls i'm afraid unless you build a false wall ontop of the normal wall like some people have done here.

The other issue tends to be that you are more likely to hear people discussing the size of their thunder sticks than the movie soundtrack. Fear the worst!

Stealth cables of some sort might help. Flat cable under carpet, or pushed into the expansion gap of a wooden floor? Thin cable inside the torus moulding of the skirting? White flat wire stuck to the skirting and run around the door achitraves? We use them all from time to time. We do have a chasing machine too, which kind of vapourises the plaster, allowing it to settle on us, any furniture clients are foolish enough to leave, and it creeps under doors, through keyholes etc. You have to tape everything up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom