• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Eliminating motion blur?

SirDoss

Established Member
Hi, just a quick question really, I know lcd sets do suffer from a certain amount of motion blur and I factored this when deciding to opt for an lcd set rather than a plasma earlier on in the week. I have the Sammy 40R73BD and am really pleased with it. I did notice a bit of screen blur when watching Superman Returns last night, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about it as it was hardly noticeable. It did get me wondering though if you do happen to have a film on that suffers due to this is there a setting that can help combat it such as turning sharpness or contrast down or does turning brightness up work? I'm sat in work at the moment (hence why I am not actually trying these things out on my set) and it's just one of those things that in my boredom I've thought of. Any thoughts would be gratefully recieved.

SirDoss

Established Member
Tell you what folks being as 73 people have looked at this post and not one person has answered I'm guessing you wouldn't have any idea. So what I'll do is have a mess around with my set and then find out for myself.

BYF

Prominent Member
as your aware motion blur is a trait of LCD technology, adjusting settings may improve things abit but will not eliminate it.

Speedoguy

Prominent Member
If you find a way let us know - I've just returned a Sony rear pro with 2.5 ms response time but it still bugged the hell out of me!.I briefly had a look at the new Tosh 68 with the 100hz feature which seemed an improvement on my old 66 concenring mot/blur.

SirDoss

Established Member
I noticed the other day when I was trying to get my best settings that the darker the picture and with too much sharpness then the more blur was happening. I'm just guessing that certain settings will create more blur and therefore certain settings can maybe get rid? Like I said on my fave settings I hadn't really noticed any on all my DVD's, there was just a bit showing when I rented Superman Returns last night and it was hardly noticeable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom