Eli Stone

Ian182

Did anyone else catch the UK premiere of this on the SCI-FI channel on Monday night ?

I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. I can see it being one of those "light relief" shows like Chuck, Town Called Eureka, Jake 2.0 etc.
Johnny Lee Miller and Victor Garber are always very watchable, and the George Michael cameo, which apparently is a regular thing, was funny.

Looks like it's been renewed for a second season, so I think I'll be sticking with it.

More details here :

Eli Stone - TV.com

And for anyone who missed it, the first 2 episodes are repeated on SCI-FI back to back on Friday evening :)

Ian.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
A very entertaining show which gets better and better, bought the R1 release a couple of weeks ago.

Battle

Distinguished Member
Was very good but it does seem a bit similar to the early Ally Mcbeals where she see's things, but at least we get an explaination about it on this one.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Just been watching this, it's actually very good, definately a bit McBeal but stands entirely on it's own.

Running through multiple episodes of series 1 right now, Series 2 has just started on the Sci-Fi channel, first ep next Saturday I believe, definately worth a watch if you like kooky.

krish

Distinguished Member
Was very good but it does seem a bit similar to the early Ally Mcbeals where she see's things, but at least we get an explaination about it on this one.
and you don't hate the eponymous character ;)

EDIT .. I watched AB through its entire run, could never actually stand her and her self-absorbed whiney nonsense, mainly watched it for Cage, Fish et al and the legal side of things. ES on the other hand is a very altruistic character.

Last edited:

Battle

Distinguished Member
Just been watching this, it's actually very good, definately a bit McBeal but stands entirely on it's own.

Running through multiple episodes of series 1 right now, Series 2 has just started on the Sci-Fi channel, first ep next Saturday I believe, definately worth a watch if you like kooky.

First episode of series 2 is on Monday at 21.00 hrs

Great series, pity its already been cancelled

Battle

Distinguished Member
That's a shame they killed it off, just two series I presume ?

Yep, looks like only 9 episodes in series two unless there are still some unaired ones

Starburst

Distinguished Member
can someone please explain what the hell was going on with episode 2 of season 2. It was a new episode mixed in with a re-run of an season 1 episode (the one with Mrs cruise). have they run out of stories??? :confused:

Katie Holmes has appeared in one episode of Eli Stone that being ep2 season2 "Grace", having season 1 on DVD and watched season2 at US pace I'm a little confused over your confusion:)

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Katie Holmes has appeared in one episode of Eli Stone that being ep2 season2 "Grace", having season 1 on DVD and watched season2 at US pace I'm a little confused over your confusion:)

I may be going mad here but I'm sure the "Grace" story was already told in season 1? Even the wife remembers see her in it. And the story of the solider who's parents were arguing over how he should be buried has been on before. It seems like they just mixed in an old episode with a new one...even move :confused: now.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
I may be going mad here but I'm sure the "Grace" story was already told in season 1? Even the wife remembers see her in it. And the story of the solider who's parents were arguing over how he should be buried has been on before. It seems like they just mixed in an old episode with a new one...even move :confused: now.

There was a episode with a court case involving the military in the first season (Father Figure) so perhaps that rang a bell for context if not actually the same story.

The two main parts of the ep (the court case and Grace herself) aside the rest covers
the ongoing issues with Eli's aneurysm returning after his chat with "God", the breakup of the firm and Taylor's pregnancy
, it's a second season episode:)

I can only assume that perhaps Scifi screened it earlier by mistake, it was premiered in the US on the 21st October last year so there was a couple of months "grace".
Either way not to worry:)

Last edited by a moderator:

True Romance

Distinguished Member
I can only assume that perhaps Scifi screened it earlier by mistake, it was premiered in the US on the 21st October last year so there was a couple of months "grace".
Either way not to worry:)

just checked all the episode plots on ABC's web site and it looks like sci-fi did indeed show E2 S2 during the first season. All very strange but a least I can sleep easy tonight. :)

Ian J

Banned
I watched AB through its entire run, could never actually stand her and her self-absorbed whiney nonsense, mainly watched it for Cage, Fish et al and the legal side of things.

You've got more patience than I have as I loved the first series for it's originality, thought that they were starting to run out of ideas for the second series and gave up halfway through the third.

I could never understand the references to Ally McBeal being pretty though as I thought she would have made a suitable candidate for the lead in Ugly Betty.

Is it my imagination or has the once beautiful Natasha Henstridge turned into a tub of lard. My TV does play tricks with the aspect ratio with a lot of programs on Sci Fi channel making people look wider than really are but she looks like a beached whale

Battle

Distinguished Member
just checked all the episode plots on ABC's web site and it looks like sci-fi did indeed show E2 S2 during the first season. All very strange but a least I can sleep easy tonight. :)

I watched all of series 1 on Sci-Fi and there was certainly not an episode with Katie Holmes in it

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Is it my imagination or has the once beautiful Natasha Henstridge turned into a tub of lard. My TV does play tricks with the aspect ratio with a lot of programs on Sci Fi channel making people look wider than really are but she looks like a beached whale

For shame:nono:

She may not be the supermodel anymore but she has had two kids and who knows how much work it took to be maintain the body that wowed the Species audience or in so many films afterwards.

I hope your TV is stretching the picture as she still looks mighty fine to me although I have to say I did wonder if the pregnancy was real, she is a curvy woman these days:)

Attachments

• NatashaH.jpg
    NatashaH.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 47

Ian J

Banned
I hope your TV is stretching the picture as she still looks mighty fine to me although I have to say I did wonder if the pregnancy was real, she is a curvy woman these days:)

Seriously now - if that is a recent picture then I do have a problem with the aspect ratio on my screen as when I said that she looked like a beached whale I meant very fat - not curvy like in your piccy

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Seriously now - if that is a recent picture then I do have a problem with the aspect ratio on my screen as when I said that she looked like a beached whale I meant very fat - not curvy like in your piccy

October last year, Gemini awards.
To be honest I picked a good picture, there were a few event shoots that made her look a little frumpy and heavy set:)

krish

Distinguished Member
The 4 unaired episodes (10-13) are now starting to air outside the US ;)
- Ep 10, "Sonoma" premiered on Ireland's RTE a few days ago

EDIT ...
and it appears that UK's Sci Fi (or is it SyFy/StirFry? ;)) aired it yesterday and repeats it on Sat 21st March 8:00 PM-9:00 PM

Last edited:

Starburst

Distinguished Member
EDIT ...
and it appears that UK's Sci Fi (or is it SyFy/StirFry? ;)) aired it yesterday and repeats it on Sat 21st March 8:00 PM-9:00 PM

Hadn't even given any thought to the eps being broadcast outside the UK, mind you this season hasn't been a patch on the first.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution