Question Elexa not responding

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by HarveysS, Jan 6, 2018.

1. HarveysS

HarveysS
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, all my Sonoffs are working in that I have constant green LED and they work with E-welink app. The elexa app also works and my devices are set up and the E-welink skill is enabled. Each device is named the same in both apps.

When I ask elexa to turn something on/off, it replies sorry "" "" is not responding. It was working earlier this evening so I don't know what's changed.

The sonoffs did drop connection earlier which I believe is due to the Itead server being overwhelmed by additional units sold at Xmas. Do anyone think this could be the issue, or does anyone have an opinion?

I have noticed in the E-welink app, under settings it states "flourite account not bound yet" . I have no idea what this is or if relevant. My wifi is set to 2.4ghz as well.

This has happened before but it's annoying.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. limegreenzx

limegreenzx
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Alexa IS responding. It is the Sonoff service that is not responding. You are 100% reliant on a 2 cloud services for functionality.

3. HarveysS

HarveysS
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree but the sonoffs are working fine via the app. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

4. giffordpikes

giffordpikes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    I don’t use sonoff but I had a similar problem when my Sonos speakers stopped responding to commands following a series of power cuts. I got it to work again by disabling the skill then reconnecting. By reconnecting the accounts it seemed to do the trick. You could try that if you haven’t already got it working.

5. HarveysS

HarveysS
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It came back on by itself and worked for a few days, then this morning off again. I think it may be the Itead server which is being updated and will be completed mid Jan. I'll wait until then to see if the problem persists

6. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    She might have been a bit sniffy because you called her Elexa..??;);)