Elex-r sound when muted

Rees

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I recently purchased a second hand display model rega elex-r, which I am very happy with. However, I recently noticed very low volume sound coming from the left channel when muted. This doesn't bother me much, but given it is a display model I was wondering whether I should contact the shop I purchased it from, to see if they could fix/replace it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does it suggest something more sinister that I should look into, or given it doesn't bother me am I ok to ignore it? Any thoughts and advice are much appreciated as always.

Hi all. I recently purchased a second hand display model rega elex-r, which I am very happy with. However, I recently noticed very low volume sound coming from the left channel when muted. This doesn't bother me much, but given it is a display model I was wondering whether I should contact the shop I purchased it from, to see if they could fix/replace it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does it suggest something more sinister that I should look into, or given it doesn't bother me am I ok to ignore it? Any thoughts and advice are much appreciated as always.
Hi. I have an Elex R. No sound from either channel when muting, which I do regularly when it's playing to my headphone amp. I'd check with the shop.

My Elicit-R is perfectly silent on mute. I would have a word with the dealer. Rega do have a lifetime warranty against defects so you've no worry on that front.

Thanks both for your advice, I'll check with my dealer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom