Eledees - discussion thread & opinion poll

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by BrianC, May 3, 2007.

?
  1. 10 (Genre defining)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9 (Outstanding)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8 (Excellent)

25.0%
  4. 7 (Good)

25.0%
  5. 6 (Above average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5 (Average)

50.0%
  7. 4 (Below average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3 (Bad)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2 (Very poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 (Appalling)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Anybody else getting this? Shopto.net have just posted my copy.

I'm not expecting this is be a 100+ hour monster but it should be fun while it lasts. :)

2. norealplan

norealplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +733
    I've heard good things, but not got the time to play anything right now. So will probably pick it up next month. Looks a good laugh, and something a bit different, which is what the Wii is all about.

3. carnaige

carnaige

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Quite tempted by this myself. Looks like in an interesting and different idea... Has had some pretty decent reviews to (NRev loved it!)

4. steggy

steggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Yeah I'm going to be getting this tomorrow, if Asda has it in stock that is.

Looks like a lot of fun, and might even make some of my own levels.

5. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,853
  6. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I expect it will get old reasonably quickly, however like any good holiday romance it'll be fresh and fun while it lasts.

7. steggy

steggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Just bought it from Tesco for £35 (Cheapest I've seen at retail), have to wait until I've finished work for the day before I can try it though. Grrr it's so tempting to just go downstairs and try it out, but I must be strong.

Will try and post up some impressions later tonight, although I'm not the most critical of gamers.

8. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I have the exact same problem, but I keep telling myself its lunchtime and I've not had a lunch break.

9. steggy

steggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I think you justified in giving it a go then, I on the other hand went to Tesco to buy the game on my "Lunch Break."

10. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Apart from the people who read this thread whos to know?

11. steggy

steggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Lol you have a good point. Maybe I should just make sure it works, so I know if I need to take it back.

12. Ninto

Ninto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone with this game want to give a quick review/ opinion on this game? I would be grateful. Ta.

13. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I've spent somewhere between one and two hours on this so far so haven't progressed that far. Its very similar to katamari just a change in perspective and the implementation of the Wii remote. Its really good fun to play just don't expect it to equal the playing time of Oblivion, think of it as roughly equal to single player GoW.

14. steggy

steggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Right I've managed to clock up about 10 Hours on the game over the weekend. And so far I'm pretty impressed.

I'm on Level 24 in the main story mode, I think there's 30 levels in total. But there are also 3 more modes on each level to unlock, a score attack mode, an eternal mode and challenge mode.

To unlock the modes on each level you have to find 3 pink eledee's on each level, two of them are usually hidden somewhere in the level and usually difficult to find. The last one will only appear if certain conditions are met, ie finish the level in a certain time or without breaking too many items.

You are also graded on each level, I've managed to get 1 or 2 "S Grades." Which I can see adding even more longevity to the game.

The game play itself is great and very fun, and the controls work flawlessly. You can easily pick up objects, rotate them and pull them toward you and push them away. This all works very very well. The only negative I can say about the controls is that cupboard doors can be a little tricky to get to stay open, but this is usually because you've thrown everything on the floor in the way of the cupboard.

Playing the game is fun, although on paper it seems like a very basic premise that might get monotonous. It doesn't fail to throw new things at you, either new types of eledee's to catch, different types of objects to interact with, or something as great as (slight spoiler)
    the levels played in zero gravity

One negative against it, is it does tend to drop the frame rate in certain levels or when there's a lot going on. Usually when there's about a few hundred eledees on screen and loads of objects being thrown around. This is understandable as when this does happen there is a LOT (and I mean a LOT)going on, and it doesnt really detract from the game. As you normally zap those eledees as quick as possible anyway.

I can see this being a sleeper hit, similar to Excite Truck. Getting mid review scores but a lot of people buying it based on user reviews and impressions.

I give it 8/10

15. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Has anyone else been reminded of the classic kids TV show 'Finders Keepers' whilst playing this game? You know, the one hosted by Neil Buchanan in its heyday which saw a bunch of kids trashing a fake house looking for hidden objects.

16. coluigi

coluigi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    You know what annoyed me about that show?

The whole house was 3 walled for the studio audience - but it had an upstairs and a downstairs and a camera crew following the kids round. I was always convinced that sooner or later a cameraman (who generally don't look where they're going) was going to fall from the upstairs. Never happened though (that I know of)

17. Zoogly

Zoogly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Quite good co-operatively as well. A friend and I took turns replaying levels trying to beat each other's times and find more of the little buggers.
    I think it's a pretty good game that will last you a while and the controls are excellent! Just be sure to watch where you're placing/ throwing things. We somehow managed to move a cupboard in front of a door when we didn't have the power level by shaking a smaller item around in it. That level was a bust after that as we couldn't get more eledees without opeing the door!
    Arrgh!

18. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    You know I quite liked this......had a quick go this morning before work, and played through the tutorials and had a quick blast.....and I reckon it'll probably be underated like most 'cute' fun games.....reminded me a little of when I started playing Luigi's Mansion (which I loved) and I felt happy with my purchase thinking that, although I may end up finishing it in a week, it was a damn good fun week!

Ultimately it is something different.....

I'm going home now to practice shaking vases!

19. The_Wierd

The_Wierd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I'm going to bump this because Eledees is absolutely excellent - it's a really fun game which has excellent use of the wii-mote. This is exactly the type of game I was hoping for from the Wii.

My wife particularly loves this - she's been on it every night for over a week and shows no sign of stopping until every secret is unlocked. My only criticism is the slightly limited multiplayer, which is fun, but does does not have a true co-op mode equivalent to the single player.

Other than that though, the edit mode is good when you have worked through the single player as are the little mini-games unlocked as you get better at the game.

Don't knock it just because it's cute, there is some depth here when you scratch the surface, and it's just plain fun.

20. GSXRMovistar

GSXRMovistar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Played this for a bit tonight and have to agree its really good fun. Very easy to get into and without noticing time flys by. Recommended.

21. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    Those little pink buggers can be hard to find though.......and having to get them again as I managed to delete my game by accident a the weekend :oops: :suicide:

22. sparced

sparced

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Just bought this together with Strikers 24.25 each from Foxy, check the bargain forum.

Only noticed the IGN UK review after buying it, they say 6.5 compared to the initial 8.3 US review at launch.

23. carnaige

carnaige

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hey guys, this has been out for a while now and got some great reviews on release... how has it lasted out for you guys who have had it for a while?

I'm thinking it may well be my next purchase...

24. steggy

steggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    It's a pretty good game, I havn't had chance to go back to it since I got Mario Strikers & Mercury Meltdown.

I think the only thing that put me off was the slowdown when a lot of stuff was going on.

25. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    Not played it much since my first burst when I bought it, but then I haven't been playing much at all as I have been studying and working hard and family committments have left me with very little free time - I have had the godfather since it was released and still haven't got around to playing it!!!

Mind you still manage to get a cheeky hour in on Final fantasy III on the DS when the wife isn't looking.

I think I enjoyed Eledees enough to want to go back to it when I get the chance though

26. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    Adding an opinion poll to assist CAS FANs Review Score Index thread.