1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electrostatic energy

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rlierop, Dec 24, 2003.

1. rlierop

rlierop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After 3 weeks waiting I finally got my HDMI cable that connects the 434 Plasma and the Pio 868 DVD player. The image was worth the waiting and I was extremely happy till...... I noticed the remote control of the Pio AX5i ampliefier was not working anymore???.
    It sends out the signales but there is no reaction from the amplifier on these.

I switched everything of, unplugged everything and vica versa but it still is not working. ( I checked the basics such as worn out batteries, loose cables etc)

Might this be due electrostatic energy disruption coming over the HDMI connection between the plasma and the DVD player and backfiring into the Amplifier???

Never had this type of problem before with my good old stereo.

Anybody had the same experiences or any suggestions?

Ronald - Pio 434HDE plasma, AX5I receiver and 868I DVD player.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im a word..... no. Even if there was interference, it would have to be so enormous to manifest in this fashion.

How are you sure that the remote sends signals?

Can you simply not get the amp to work by remote at all...... like if everything is disconnected? If this is the case, and you are sure that a signal is being sent, then the receiver must be broken which implies either it has become disabled through software, a connection has broken or the diode in the reciever is dead.

all of these sound unlikely, so i would be hopeful that you have just missed something and can sort it without too much hassle

ad

3. rlierop

rlierop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the comments made here on my problem.

I have three remotes that are programmed to operate the amp and none of them work so that should rule out a defective remote.
    I have also disconnected the HDMI but that solved nothing either.

Two options remain open for me:
    1) The diode on the amp is broken ( or an internal piece in the loop) or:
    2) Some form of static energy. ( From work experience I do know that remote receivers are very sensitive for this) It is strange that all of this happens hours after I made a new cable connection (and did not move the amplifier at all!!)
    Tonight I will switch it off and check the status in the morning again. That should be sufficient time to get rid of possible electrostatics on the Amp.

Ronald - Pio 434HDE plasma, AX5I receiver and 868I DVD player.

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i would assume though that a static charge should dissapate..... so if it existed, it would either disappear and problem solved, or it would have blown something. I still have difficulty imaginging this..... but its christmas and who knows what miracles are possible!

ad

5. rlierop

rlierop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem solved!! The remote in cable into the DVD is broken which caused the malfunctioning of the remote problem on the receiver. I can now start my X-mas without being troubled.

6. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Happy days! Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas!

ad