ElectroSaver in Bradford

J

Jay2006

I think I may well have just had my worst day of the year.

It started so brightly as well. I'd called ElectroSaver on Monday afternoon to see if they had the Panasonic TH42PX30CAB in stock. Thankfully they did as I had no luck when I called Richersounds.

I was informed by the pushy salesman that I would need to purchase the TV whilst on the phone to secure my unit, otherwise they may be out of stock on Thursday (when I had a days leave to go to the store and get the 5 year warranty). So I did, and was told that if I came to the store on Thursday I could get the demonstation to qualify for the warranty.

Brilliant, everything is going to plan. I call a mate who lives in Bradford and he agrees to take the afternoon off so that he can run me back to York with the TV safely secured in his transit van.

So to today. Argos arrive at 1030 this morning to take back the TV I'd recently ordered and decided I didn't want.

Arrive in Bradford at 1pm, am at the shop 15 mins later. At this point I felt like a kid on Xmas eve. As soon as I walked in things went sour. 4 sales clerks just stood there and ingored me. When I stated that I had came to collect my order the milled through some paper work and said "erm, we don't have it in stock".:mad:

After 10 mins of listening to this prat saying how it was Panasonics fault as he was due a delivery this morning that hasn't arrived. So all I could do was wait and they would deliver it for "Free" after Xmas. He wouldn't explain why I was told that they would put one aside for me on the phone. Seems like the bastards will say anything to get your money.

I pointed out that a phone call to save me the bother of travelling would have been nice "I just came off the phone with Panasonic as you walked through the door", course you did pal.

So thanks ElectroSaver for letting me purchase a TV that doesn't exist and most of all for leaving me without a TV over Xmas.

It'll be fun when Sky come to fit my Sky+ on the 29th and there's no TV.

Stay well clear of this muppet outfit.:lease:

DJ Mike

While I agree it's taking the mick that they told you they had one put aside for you, surely you having decided to have Argos take back your old telly before the new one had arrived was a bit silly - surely it would have been more sensible to wait till you had the new one firmly in place?

J

Jay2006

I know, but I honestly assumed I would be coming home with my new one today.

Not to mention that Argos already delayed the collection till today to allow for me getting the new one. I didn't want to risk keeping it longer as I may have had issues with them over the 16 money back deal.

Accylad

Distinguished Member
While I agree it's taking the mick that they told you they had one put aside for you, surely you having decided to have Argos take back your old telly before the new one had arrived was a bit silly - surely it would have been more sensible to wait till you had the new one firmly in place?
I find that the word sensible and new giant telly arriving don't go together - well in most cases that is :D

H

htsj

Have to agree about ELECTROSAVER of Bradford. I have been fleeced!!!
Faulty TV dead on arrival which is still with us months later.Took an age to arrive. They took money for an extended warranty that does not seem to exist. Had us waiting in for non-existent replacement TV. Said they were members of a trade association but this does not appear to be true. Had US chasing Hitachi instead of them. Case now going to small claims for refund and costs as well as trading standards for further investigations. I would advise against this company:mad:

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Did you know they "electro" and "empire direct" are from the same family. ( Are they the same ones which are on top of kirgate next to the chip shop?) they also own the panasonic dealer shop next to oxfam and own the new electrical bargain shop on maningham lane formally woods music shop. They are very good end of line bargains to be had there if you haggle well ;)

deezel

Novice Member
Did you know they "electro" and "empire direct" are from the same family. ( Are they the same ones which are on top of kirgate next to the chip shop?) they also own the panasonic dealer shop next to oxfam and own the new electrical bargain shop on maningham lane formally woods music shop. They are very good end of line bargains to be had there if you haggle well ;)

Thanx ayub, seems like another few places to avoid :smashin:

S

shazzer

I wish i had known about this set of muppets before we bought a LCD T.V from them 5 weeks ago. After 3 failed deliveries (due to none in stock) we then said we wanted our money back :clap: but no way were we going to get our money back without a fight :nono: After countless phone calls and e-mails we are still just short of a grand down. I would advise everyone not to by anything from this company they suck you in take your money and then do a runner. We have infromed the fraud company and trading standards and we will be going to watch dog if our money is not back in our account tomorrow morning as promised again for the 6th time by the manager (waste of space).... :(:(:(:(:(

Beetlejuice

Distinguished Member
I didn't read the date of the first post and was shocked that the OP was going to have to wait 4 months for their TV... then I realised :blush:

akhan48

Standard Member
I had exactly the same problem as shazzer with Electrosaver. Cocky and arrogant sales staff and a useless manager. Been waiting for 4 weeks for my PZ80B. Went there today to get my money back, and they handed it over (in cash) without any problems. I was quite surprised to have got my money back so easily.

Took my money and went to Empire Direct. Now I have a new TV in my home ready to unpack! :thumbsup:

Phil57

I wish i had known about this set of muppets before we bought a LCD T.V from them 5 weeks ago. After 3 failed deliveries (due to none in stock) we then said we wanted our money back :clap: but no way were we going to get our money back without a fight :nono: After countless phone calls and e-mails we are still just short of a grand down. I would advise everyone not to by anything from this company they suck you in take your money and then do a runner. We have infromed the fraud company and trading standards and we will be going to watch dog if our money is not back in our account tomorrow morning as promised again for the 6th time by the manager (waste of space).... :(:(:(:(:(
The staff are probably all ex employees from Tiny.com.

A question if I may...........Who or what are the 'Fraud Company?'

deezel

Novice Member
It seems these muppets have been at it for years.

Makes you question just how effective the 'trading standards' people are in Bradford

akhan48

Standard Member
They are indeed are bunch of muppets, and make their money by scamming people. Best way to deal with them is in person. They seem to be very cocky over the phone.

deezel

Novice Member
I finally got my money back from Electrosaverthrough the Visa Chargeback system for debit cards

Its a great pity there isn't a sub-forum for these dodgy firms who scam people

If there was one place to go here to find out who were the good bad and the ugly......

it would save people a lot of grief

Hmm that's a good name for the sub-forum

RETAILERS: THE Good, the BAD and the UGLY :)

Anyways I have already asked the powers to be in my thread here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821199

..twice

but they didn't even respond to the idea :(

akhan48

Standard Member
Pleased to hear you got your money back in the end! I think you idea of a sub-forum is a good one.

kiret123

Standard Member
i have made wrong suggestions about this store staff. they have apoligised but in future purchases i will not hurry on my choice of tv.

Last edited:

mattclarkie

Novice Member
From glancing through the thread it seems people have been paying for the TV without actually seeing it in the shop.

I had a hell of a problem trying to get stock of my TV a year ago in an independent shop in Cliftonville, constantly having deadlines moved, largely because Sony had manufacturing issues.
But because the shop aren't shifty they only took £200 as a deposit in the 5months waiting for the TV (it did take a long time), for a £2500 TV.

When they finally said they had the TV, I went and paid for it and the TV was in the box in the shop behind me before they got any more money.

I think this is the only way to deal with non-chain stores, never pay anything more than a deposit of 10% before seeing the goods.

bilalsco

Standard Member
Has anyone actually gotten a refund back directly from electrosaver without having to go through credit card chargeback?

kevh1980

Standard Member
I have just ordered a TV from these guys and had arranged for a delivery date of 1st May - having taken the day of work, I called them at 1pm on the 1st and they told me that the TV was not being delivered and they could not tell me why. Their total not give a toss attitude shocked me and they basically said it will arrive when it arrives and we dont know when that is - Im now expecting it tomorrow at some point but wont hold my breath.

Wish id read these before placing my order - Do not use these guys these are a joke company run by idiots !

akhan48

Standard Member
If you're local, I strongly advise you to go there and get your money back asap. You won't see your TV for months. Trust me, I've been through it all with these *******. They are constantly taking money off people for goods they simply don't have, and have to intentions of getting. And then they LIE through their back teeth as well.

I'm 99% sure you won't see your TV tomorrow. Take my advice, get your money back and buy elsewhere :smashin:

Last edited by a moderator:

kevh1980

Standard Member
I will call them first thing tomorrow and if they do not assure me that it is on the van and on its way to my house I will cancel the order and get them to refund my card. I can understand why people are attracted to them as they offer goods at very reasonable prices, now I know why !!!

akhan48

Standard Member
Well good luck mate. I did same, called them to ask them if it was on its way. They assured me it was on the van and on its way. Waited all morning and afternoon, nothing came :mad:

In the end I went there in person and got my money back in cash.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

LG Display teams with Disney for OLED Projects
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Oppo launches S1 and R1 4K smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lithe Audio AirPlay 2 ceiling speakers world's first
  • By Andy Bassett