Question Electronic display boards & tablets

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by Caz65, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Caz65

Caz65
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need help in identifying some technical equipment please.

I have been asked to put together a business case to purchase some equipment but I don't even know what it's called!

We currently run a training course where our delegates have to put together presentations on size A0 sheets of paper (which are very large and unwieldy). At each course there are in the region of 33 sheets of A0 flying around and it looks unprofessional and is difficult to handle.
    My boss wants to be able to give each syndicate group a hand-held tablet that templates of these size A0 pieces of paper can be loaded on to, allow delegates to insert information into these templates and then display them somehow on to a large (possibly interactive) screen at the front of the training room.

My problem is I don't know what these electronic screens / boards are called and whether it is actually possible to transfer the information from the tablet on to a screen / electronic board for all delegates to see?

Where I work has no Wi-Fi so it can't be blue-toothed between devices and the tablets must be able to have internet and games disabled.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so, please could someone point me in the right direction of what all this electronic equipment is called so at least I know what I'm supposed to be asking for in my business case?

Thanking you all in advance.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,543
    Welcome to the forum Caz65 :hiya:

Where I work I look after around 2,000 Android tablets that are used in our shops and like you we needed to lock them down so no internet or additional apps can be installed unless we specifically allow it. To do this we use AirWatch to lock down and control the devices, but this is done over the internet. However once configured there is no requirement to connect the tablets to the internet unless we want to deploy new apps etc.

To connect a tablet to a TV, PJ etc. you can use the likes of Miracast which is supported by Android 4.2 or later and many newer TV's support it. But there are also plug-in devices to enable a non supported TV. Or another option is MHL.
    More info here: Feature News Stories: How Do I Connect My Tablet to My TV? Let Me Count the Ways...

As you can see there are loads of options so you need to do some research to find the solution that best suites what you need to do.

Mark.

3. cebs_uk

cebs_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +407
    Load of interactive touch screen have on board software which you can stream to via the relevant app on a tablet etc.

Display note. Smart note and octopus are a few that spring to mind.

If you want some more info on models drop me a pm.