1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electrohome marquee 8000

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by avgeek, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avgeek

avgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Electrohome marquee 8000 with 630 original hours. I have the RGB card as well as the Composite video and SVideo Card. Can this projector handle all of the different formats that will be thrown at it? 1080i as well as the 720P? etc. etc. The next question would be what device do I want to run the sources thru so the proper aspect ratio is shown?

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,809
    AVgeek,

The Marquee will do 1080i and 720p no problem...even on a 16:9 screen...

You should look at a decent scaler with aspect ratio control to allow you to have one converence setting for all incoming aspect signals. I'd suggest a very minimum of a Focus Enhancements Quadscan Elite.

Gordon

3. marqueedehome

marqueedehome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have done a 16:9 modification to my Marquee 8500 according to intructions found in another almost similarily named forum. You have to change only 3 resistors in order to be able to squeeze the picture to 16:9 format.

marqueedehome

4. hidefeng

hidefeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What, i didt have to change any resistors on my marquee to make it to anamorphic, which is probably what you mean my 16:9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.