1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrohome Marquee 8000 modifications

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sparky015, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky015

Sparky015

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an electrohome marquee 8000 that was retubed before I bought it. I'm extremely pleased with the performance through my Iscan PRO, but after doing some research, I found that there are mods to reduce the PJ noise, as well as create a true 16:9 ratio. What three resistors do I need to change to achieve this? How do I do the reduced noise mod? Is this mod recemmended, or will it hurt the PJ performance in the long run? Any help and information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Nick Beecham

Nick Beecham
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Tim Martin at ehometech@earthlink.net is your man for the quite mod. I had it done to my Marquee 7500 (I think that is the European version of the 8000) and it reduced the noise by about half. Gordon did the resistor mod for me which worked well (although I have no idea which resistors have to be changed).

Nick

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    You can send your HVPS to Tim for his quietening mod. He also checks other things in the PS to make sure you aren;'t frying the tubes.

I have forgotten which resistors needed changed but it was a relatively simple job if you have soldering experience. If you don't then find a service guy to do it for you. Tim should be able to help out anyway.

Gordon

4. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Alot to learn about Marquee on this thread.

5. Sparky015

Sparky015

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the direction! I have spoken to Tim via e-mail, and he does do the quiet mod as well as test/repair of the filament voltage of the PS for a nominal fee. I also received an answer on what resistors need to be changed to achieve the 16:9 aspect ratio.

To do this, simply replace resistors R704, R804, and R904 on the vertical board with 56K 1/4w @1-3% tolerance. They should be 30k resistors orginally.

A good thread to take a look at on AVS forum.com titled "Anyone for some Marquee Maintenance" will give you plenty of maintenance/upgrade/mod tips.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.