1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrohome ECP-3500 Image problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by hencole, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’m having trouble with my Electrohome ECP-3500. The top right hand corner of the screen is squashed so that the difference in height between the top left and the top right of the image is a good few cm’s. Where the image should be reaching up too in the far top right corner is a slight white fuzz about 2cm long. This suggests to me that it isn’t a conversion issue and seems to be a distortion. The full image is displayed, it just appears squashed on that side.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Cheers,

Henry

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Henry,

It might be better to ask your question over on AVS forums. There are many more ecp users over there and you'll probably get a much better response that you will here.

Brian.

3. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've done that already, but
    I'll concentrate my efforts their.

Thanks,

Henry

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    A few things I would check.

Is the projector truley square to the screen. If it is off the mid line by a small amount the horizontal keystone you have is difficult to adjust.

Phase control most projectors allow you to shift the image horizontally by clamping the signal in differnt possitions. This is a different adjustment to the raster position which determins where the picture sits on the CRT surface. I would check to see that these are not fighting each other. that could explain the problem you are seeing.

5. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’ve been away for a while so I haven’t had a chance to try these things. I think you may be onto something as I’ve only got it temporarily set up at the moment and will be looking to set it up in a permanent position this weekend. Looking at where its positioned at the moment it does look of centre.

Thanks I'll let you know how it goes.

6. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland you were right. I've redone the convergence and did some proper measuring and now it is properly square on and centered, the problem has now pretty much gone. Thanks.

Now onto my next problem. :devil:

Does anyone know of a way of reducing the green and sometimes red flare effect that occurs on the edge of bright images? I can do this via the contrast, but only up to a certain point before it starts getting too dark to be practicle. Whilst it isn't too noticable usually, whenever a film has bright lighting it can become a slight distraction.

This forum is invaluable, cheers everyone.:)

7. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using the video imputs .The imput boards on the ecp are suposed to be crap. when i first got my ecp i had horid green flare to the right right of bright objects .No mater what i did i could not sort it

I eventualy got my HCPC sorted out and started to use the RGBHVS BNC imputs the improvment was great and the flare was gone .If you are using the video imputs i would say get a pc hooked up.Even if this is'nt the problem you are never gona get the best.

If that is'nt the problem (the video modual is usualy the problem) there is a lt about sorting flare out over on avs . I would do a seach there .Just do a search fo electohome and flare, there are some great and detailed explenations in the arcive that are very helpfull

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.