• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ElectriQ 1080p IP ptz outdoor camera

Osplank

Novice Member
I have decided to install a ptz camera to cover the rear of my house and also the garage entrance. I've been looking at the above mentioned camera. From the description by Laptops Direct (the seller) the camera seems to be very like a similar FDT model and a couple of others. It could be that the camera casing is used by a couple of different companies of course, but I wondered if anyone on the forum has reviewed the ElectriQ model which I think is French and is around £80 cheaper. I'd be grateful for any advice on this... I realise that the inner components of different models will play a great part in pricing of the equipment.. but perhaps someone is able to help me with this.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
ElectriQ isn't a real brand but a marketing name stuck on generic Chinese imports. I have an indoor IP cam under this brand bought from Debenhams. The manual is typically poorly translated from Chinese & the Android & iOS apps are both a bit pants. Control of panning especially is very poor. Neither app has been updated since I bought it last year & being P2P means you can't use a third party app. It also relies on Active-X to view in a PC browser & the latest versions of most (all?) browsers won't allow Active-X to run.

But having said all that it's entirely possible that the camera you're looking at is from a completely different manufacturer. But having taken a look at it the software CD is the same as mine. I guess the only way to find out is buy one & send it back under DSR if it's no good.

Osplank

Novice Member
Hi Crocodile...Many thanks for your reply, I did notice a few days ago that there was a similar advert by Debenhams describing a similar camera setup. I've also recognised the camera housing on other makes, but the dearer ones offer more things such as remote settings and more zoom capabilities. This is what made me think the casing was an imported job...I suppose it's the old story of getting what you pay for, I'm just going to keep looking around and reading the forums until I spot the right thing. Anyway, I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my enquiry..many thanks once again.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom