1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electricbirdland

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by red123, Aug 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. red123

red123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I bought a sony psp in may from electricbirdland and got the product after 1 month, after 3 months in august they took £250 for no reason and i never ordered anything from him. this makes the owner of that company a thief and a fraud, and he wont answer his phone or reply emails, he wont give my money back. he has closed his website, seems sony did what he deserved, hope he gets worse, and ill also complain to trading standards so more people see what a fraud this guy is. And ill keep posting this in every uk psp forum, bloody idiot give my money back!!!! :mad:

2. scoo

scoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hopefully you paid by Credit Card. Contact your CC company and tell them about this. They should sort it all out for you!

3. red123

red123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i actually paid using a switch card, bank said they cant do anything, so only option is trading standards i suppose.

4. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    damn :( good luck and i hope you get your money back.

5. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This may seem stupid, but was your bank account debited at the time you bought your PSP? I bought mine from Nuplayer and had the unit before the money was taken from my account, it was something like 6-7 weeks later when the money was debited.

I thought it was a stupid way to operate but there you go!!

If not then I also hope you can get your money back.

6. fkw

fkw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar unpleasant experience with this company, which forced me to cancel my order, and luckily I paid with a credit card, and had my money back without problem.

I'm not a hundred percent sure with the banking law and regulations (you may want to ask your local Trading Standards officer), but surely if you can prove the money was taken twice, the second without your authorisation; and as suggested by "Aligebes", you can prove that the purchase made some three months ago, surely that's a blatant theft?

We all pay things by debit cards everyday.......What protection do we have then for an unscrupulous retailer to take more money from our bank account (for the second time) for purchases made months before?

Finally, you may wish to know that Company House records indicate that the company Electricbirdland Limited has now gone into liquidation. Voluntarily, no doubt, and perhaps after taking peoples money without their consent!!!

Good luck and hope you get your money back!!!