1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electricbirdland.co.uk PSP Order You Must Read This Before Ordering!!!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by moreno, Jul 20, 2005.

1. moreno

moreno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad:
    I made an order with Electricbirdland.co.uk on Wednesday 22nd July 2005, for 2 sony psp's and 2 games.

The order was made over the telephone. I got through to a sales advisor after approximately 10 minutes of waiting in the queue.

When I spoke to the advisor, I explained that the only way I would order with them was if she could guarantee that the products were in stock and they would be shipped and delivered to me for the next day, the 23rd June, and as per time limits stated on the website (within 24hrs) as I was purchasing 2 sony psp consoles where one was for a friend going on holiday on the 24th June. I was told that this would be ok.

I then explained that I was asking for the guarantee, because I had already been messed around by another company, (www.clarkesimports.com) which had ended up refunding me. I was assured on the telephone that this would be ok and I’d receive the item within 24hrs.

On arrival home I checked my email and noticed I had 2 emails from Electricbirdland. The first was detailing the order. The second was stating that my account had been updated to show the order had been received and was being processed.

On Thursday 23rd June, I checked my email at approximately 09:00hrs and noticed that I had another email stating my account had been updated. On logging onto Eleictricbirdland, I noticed the ‘payment has been received’ box was ticked. Later that same day at 12:30hrs, I received another email from Electricbirdland stating my account had been updated. On logging on I noticed that the ‘payment has been received’ box was not ticked anymore and my order status had gone back to ‘received and processing’ status.

I then knew that I would not receive the order that day as guaranteed by the telephone agent. I called Electricbirdland and was on hold for approximately 20 minutes. I then sent an email via my hotmail email to cancel the order as I was not satisfied with the service and was not given what I had agreed by the due date. I also sent another email via the website asking to do the same.

I received no response to these emails other than a generic email sent out stating that I could cancel within 7 days by sending an email to cancel@electricbirdland.co.uk which I had already done.

I had no other response from Electricbirdland that day. I called a few more times but then the office stated they were closed even though at the times I called the opening times stated it should be open.

On Friday 24th, I called and spoke to the same female advisor I had originally placed the order with and she remembered that I had stated within 24hrs. When I told her I wanted to cancel, and had sent a cancellation email the day before, she advised me that the order had been sent to the dispatch office and was going to be shipped at some point that day. I advised her that I did not want it and just asked for a refund. I was then told that the dispatch could not be stopped and I would need to refuse the order on delivery by DHL when it arrived and then it would be sent back immediately to the company for a refund. I asked for a consignment number but was told there was not one available at this stage and would receive details via email.

The DHL delivery man came on Monday 27th June and I refused the order. He did not provide a consignment number to me. He did advise me that it would be returned immediately back to Electricbirdland.

I have now since sent 5 more emails and communications via Electricbirdlands website and also tried to call on 10 different occasions however I have had no response to the messages sent and I have been in the telephone queue for an hour at a time or have been told by a message that the offices are now closed when the opeing times on the message state that the office should actually be open at the time I have called.

Electricbirdland also states on the website ‘CONTACT US’ page that they have a Yahoo messenger id.

I logged on and tried chatting when I could see them online. On a number of occasions I did not get a response but on Tuesday 5th July, I managed to get a response. I asked if they were available to talk and when they replied ‘YES’ I told them via the message service that I had no refund as yet and was not able to speak to them etc detailing the circumstances. They then did not respond. I clicked the buzzer which rings a bell on the person you are chatting to’s computer, but they did not respond. I also asked them to call me so the message would be received on their computer, but they have not.

Can anyone please help me in this matter as £445.97 is a lot of money for me and the service I had received from Electricbirdland is not ideal and they have had my money for 29 days now and I have not had any contact with them.

All I want is a refund of my money.....Please advise someone!!!!

I paid with credit card. Has anyone else had similar problems?????

:lease:

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow Electricbirdland.co.uk :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    Sorry to hear about the problems you are having there, I think Electricbirdland are one of the companys that Sony are picking on for black imports (Sony are trying to stamp out the importing of PSPs, guess they are worried about a UK PSP flop come Sept 1st). I'm not too well up on the ins & outs, but I have had a similar problem in the past after ordering a £600 PC and the company going bust before delivery! Your saving grace is that you paid with credit card which means that at least you can always claim your money back from them :) Thats the action that I had to take and although it can take some time, I did get my money back in the end.

One thing I would advise not to do, don't cancel your order with Electricbirdland, that's what I did with the PC company (Campus PCs) and it did make things alot more complicated as it meant that I no longer had a contract with the company, makes it more difficult for the credit card company, it's easier for them if you are claiming that you have simply not recieved any goods.

Anyway, good luck, I hope I have been able to offer some help

3. moreno

moreno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your reply mate - it helps.

To everyone else out there - take my example as a warning before you deal with Electricbirdland.co.uk. The choice is yours. :nono: :nono: :nono: