Electricalworld.co.uk - Stay Well Clear!!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by -kreep, Feb 28, 2005.

1. -kreep

-kreep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

I thought i must warn everyone here about dealing with the charlatans that are ElectricalWorld.co.uk!

I ordered my Tosh 46" DLP on Feb 5th 2005. Electrical World then sent me an email saying that it was out of stock and would be back in stock within 14 days.

Not happy with this, i phoned to cancel to be told i had to cancel by email. Which i did. The email from my Tisacli mail was bounced back by ElectricalWorlds spam filter!

I then thought, what the hell and let it go, thinkin "what's 2 weeks?". I rang them 5 days later (10-2-05) and asked if they could give me an aproximate date for delivery, only to be told that it would be at least another 14 days!!
    So this time i faxed through my cancellation (4 times!), only to be rang by them 2 days later offering me free delivery, with a view to me gettin the TV within a week.

I stupidly said yes. I rang last Tuesday to see when abouts my TV would be delivered, to be told once again that it would be another 14 days!!! I ordered the cancelation there and then and asked when the refund would be back on my card, only to be told "in about a week". Annoyed but my hands are tied. Today i phoned up ElectricalWorld, as i have not recieved my refund and have been told that my TV is not going to be dispatched!!! Enquiring about my refund the 'lady' told me that she would call me back... i'm still waiting...

DO NOT USE ELECTRICALWORLD.CO.UK!!! how do i get my money back?? :(

2. -kreep

-kreep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to post this in all sections of this forum. I there a quick way of doing this? anyone?

3. JohnWin

JohnWin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Contact your credit card company and explain the situation - they will suspend the payment, investigate, and then refund. - DO this now.

Sorry you've had such a bad time

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,744
    Hi kreep, if you post this same message in all sections of this forum it will be deleted. As a new member I would recommend you read up on the forum rules.

But back to your post, as Johnwin said, don't bother waiting for that outfit to refund your card, just get straight onto the CC company and they will sort it out.

Hope it all turns out OK.

5. -kreep

-kreep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank lads,

The trouble i've had was also with Nat West (credit card), they seem not to be bothered either!

I have sent the form back 2 weeks ago for them to 'Scan' (as they put it) but apparently it takes 10 days to go onto the system!! Bullsh**!

So they are about as much use as breasts on a fish!

Barclaycard with-hold payment and sort it out straight away!!

Anyway got back on to Electrical-turd and they said they sanctioned the refund yesterday with a view to it appearing on my card on wednesday... :mad: we'll see...

6. bobfffg

bobfffg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found this thread after doing a search for electricalworld.co.uk in Google, in hope that I would find some other 'cases' to support my growing fears....I share my case here, as Kreep did, in order to try an save others from the grief I’ve gone through over this....

Having ordered a JVC 28" Widescreen Pure Flat TV from ws2.Electricalworld.co.uk on 04-04-2005, I received an email from them on the 06-04-2005 informing me that there has been a problem with their courier service, indicating that 'data protection' was at risk and therefore they could not dispatch my order until the issue had been resolved. "Fine!" I thought to myself, "...they're obviously looking out for their customers and they should do, and are obligated to do so in this instance, under the Data Protection Act 1998." I think to myself...

After waiting another 5 days, I manage to get in contact them, a 'man' who checks my order then tells me "...its going to be another 24/48 hours until we have the data protection issue resolved with our courier service...." and that "...someone will be in contact during that period to advise you on your order delivery date...". I give them the benefit of the doubt and accept that I'm in for a bit more of a wait...

Well 48 hours comes and goes, I received no phone calls, no e-mails. On the 15-04-2005, I decide enough is enough and ring them to cancel the order. I waited 40 minutes whilst it rang and rang and rang and rang...no one answered. I rang back a further 7 times during that day. No one answered. I rang a further 15 times the following day. No one answered. Today I have tried several times, still no one answers... I have e-mailed their enquiry desk, I have received no reply.

So let this be a warning to all, don't trust ws2.Electricalworld.co.uk !! I have received no item and no refund, so I will now pursue this with my credit card company...hopefully I will be eligible for a refund. If there are any further developments on this, I will post back accordingly.

7. warwick

warwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    From the privacy policy on their site - the company is called: Vernon Collard Limited. 60-62 High Street, Rayleigh, Essex. SS6 7YA

Privacy Policy

They also have a page on pricerunner with a lot of customers saying the same sort of things as you: take a look here:

Pricerunner

When I come across a new company i'll always spend a little time looking into them - and wouldn't trust this site for the following reasons:

They are not prominently displaying any Verisign / ISIS etc logos - these companies do check and verify the companies - and do ensure standards, and do have dispute/complaint procedures.

Contact information is very limited - and by sticking their "address" postcode into google reveals hundreds of businesses at "14-18 Heddon Street
    " - it's quite obviously a PO box mailing address.

The site is pretty basic - a simply e-commerce package design - and there is a complete lack of detailed product information, specs images, infromation etc.

The customer help/support etc sections on the site contain absolutely no information - only very minimal info on the site - a couple of e-mail address and an -870 number but nothing in the way of facts and information - technical support - order tracking - all of which "validate" them as a professional company in my eyes.

All-in-all the whole site looks like its been set up my some small retailer who's just trying to compete with the big-boys - and although there is nothing wrong with doing that, and they may well be a proper bona fida retail shop - my experience is that just because you're a good retailer it doesn't automatically make you a good e-tailer.

Warwick

8. bobfffg

bobfffg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interestingly enough, I just called Nominet to explain some of this, and now all of a sudden, the registrant details have been re-instated... ....but, the address does NOT match the one given in the 'Contact Us' page of their website....

I searched around for Vernon Collard to see that the company is behind on its tax returns, and also is posing as another site, Vernon Collard ...... LOOK FAMILIAR ANYONE?!?!?! :mad:

I have reported the matter to Trading Standards this afternoon. There may be more sites I haven't uncovered, so be careful people.

9. bobfffg

bobfffg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Further to this, I can now confirm that Electrical World and Vernon Collard have now been closed down as of [20-04-2005] :cool: :cool: :D :smashin:

Their customer service numbers have also been disconnected.

Protx payment services, taking payment for them, have also been informed of the situation :rolleyes:

So although I don't get my money back, at least I get some pleasure in knowning they won't be doing this to anyone else again :D

booyeah!