Electrical solutions

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
You could swap the lights for a 240v set that don't need a transformer or you can get a different size or shape of transformer.

Lights are already in place now or I would of. I guess my only solution is one of those boxes unless BG supply large covers which I doubt.

My only concern with the boxes would be if they are suitable to be left outside all the time

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Lights are already in place now or I would of. I guess my only solution is one of those boxes unless BG supply large covers which I doubt.

My only concern with the boxes would be if they are suitable to be left outside all the time
As long as you buy the correct IP rating box and fit cables correctly, then out all year will be fine.

Ok they all seem to be ip55. Would a normal extension lead be suitable to run from the outdoor socket or will i need to put it inside some conduit to its location?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
If it's permanent I'd probably use some trunking of some sort. UV can deteriorate PVC cable so it depends how sheltered from direct sunlight it is TBH.

If it's permanent I'd probably use some trunking of some sort. UV can deteriorate PVC cable so it depends how sheltered from direct sunlight it is TBH.
Not very, it's a sun trap our garden and from 12pm onwards it constant sunlight when we actually get it like.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
The product picture above shows a box with an included extension lead, you'll note the one included is black, a lot of UV resistant cables are black because it's additional carbon in their jackets that make them UV resistant. Worth checking whatever you buy but I'd still use a trunking or conduit myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom