Electrical Issue - Can you change the socket part of an extension lead ?

Stoatman

Hi Guys,

Did not really know where to ask this but I know there is loads of "electrically" types on here, so looking for a little bit of advice.

I have an extension lead running to one of my shed type things and the cable is tacked to the outside wall and routed neatly. At the time we only needed 2 sockets so got a cheapish one - they are not switched too- A bit like this :
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9829608/Trail/searchtext>2+SOCKET.htm

HOwever I am now wanting a switched one and a few more plugs. So my question is , can I take off the 2 socket one leaving the cable in place and replace with something like this

Buy Masterplug 6 Socket Individually Switched Extension Lead. at Argos.co.uk

Thanks for any help

Stoatman

Well i always use an RCD adaptor in the plug ?. The "outbuilding" is basically our old outside toiet and is attached to the house so is not far away. Basically I just ran a "normal" extension lead from plug in the house to where our drier is.

Stoatman

Thanks, to be honest I never realised there were "rewireable" extension sockets until you said. I have googled a few..

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom