• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Electrical backbox help

Hi people

I seem to be searching the web for what appears to be something that does not exist.

I am looking for a dual backbox (double back box with 2 x 1 gang fixings) that is between 45-50mm deep.

i can find loads of dual back-boxes but nobe at that depth.

any electricians or people in the know recommend decent websites that if they do not have them then they do no exist?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Personally I'd just sink 2 deep single ones.

I only used a double single box a couple of times and on both occasions it was a struggle fitting my customers choice of switch.

temsy

any electricians or people in the know recommend decent websites that if they do not have them then they do no exist?

I tend to agree with this, sometimes what you are are searching for does not exist.

What if like Jamie suggests, use two single boxes but fasten them together first, not forgetting to allow for the faceplate overlap.

ufo550

What are the back boxes for? I think they only come 35mm deep in dual . You could sink the dual 35mm deeper into the wall, or alternatively get two single 47mm and use these to connect the boxes together.

They sell flush ones or ones with a decorative gap

IronGiant

What are the back boxes for? I think they only come 35mm deep in dual . You could sink the dual 35mm deeper into the wall, or alternatively get two single 47mm and use these to connect the boxes together.

They sell flush ones or ones with a decorative gap
What a brilliant "gadget" :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom