Electric Vehicle to Grid Technology at Parking Locations

Harryelectic

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

If anyone has a minute would love to hear your thoughts on a University project I'm working on. We're looking at using vehicle-to-grid technology to utilise people's parked electric cars as an energy store, possible earring them money selling the energy back to the grid at peak times.

We would appreciate it if anyone can spare the time to answer this quick survey below;

docs.google.com

Market Research for Electric Vehicle to Grid Technology at Parking Locations
We're researching the possibility of using vehicle-to-grid technology to utilise parked cars as energy storage and would appreciate feedback form potential customers.
docs.google.com
docs.google.com

Thanks very much

Done :)

Hi all,

If anyone has a minute would love to hear your thoughts on a University project I'm working on. We're looking at using vehicle-to-grid technology to utilise people's parked electric cars as an energy store, possible earring them money selling the energy back to the grid at peak times.

We would appreciate it if anyone can spare the time to answer this quick survey below;

docs.google.com

Market Research for Electric Vehicle to Grid Technology at Parking Locations
We're researching the possibility of using vehicle-to-grid technology to utilise parked cars as energy storage and would appreciate feedback form potential customers.
docs.google.com
docs.google.com

Thanks very much
Interesting! Any chance you could give more details.

Done :smashin:

Interesting project. We looked at Demand Side Response in some of our warehouses using the forklift trucks and MHE as the battery source. It only makes sense if they are fitted with lithium batteries and most still use lead acid. The other issue is that peak demand tends to be early evening and we would have needed to rearrange shifts to reduce manpower on sites at this time to have enough spare MHE to make it worth while.

Using long term parking is an interesting concept, but could also be applied at home. Domestic variable tariffs don't really exist yet - other than very basic schemes like economy 7, but I am sure they are not far away. Imagine if you could leave your car plugged in and allow it to provide power back into your home during peak pricing. It does make sense, but would require manufacturers to make the battery power available through the charging port and I would imagine that warranty and battery life concerns might kill this idea, at least in the short term.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom