1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric shocks

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by crazycamp, Mar 24, 2005.

1. crazycamp

crazycamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

newbie here, sorry about not having a great subject name, but i have recently purchased a set of Sony MDR-J20 headphones, however whenever i use them, they give off electric shocks at about 10second intervals when the volume is turned up.

I mainly use them with my MP3 player and down the gym, any idea if its the actual headphones or the gym headphone things? as it doesnt happen with the mp3 player.

Also as i am currently sending the MP3 player back as its not very good, what are the reviews on the ipod shuffle like?

cheers

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    I have it happen to me in the Gym , gave up using the things as a result (they were just cheapo in ears) . Never had it happen with my MP3 player tho

Js

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Quite likely to be sweat/humidity causing electricity to get where it shouldn't,especially if it's only at the gym that problem is being caused.

Even so,it shouldn't be happening.

If you want info on the Ipod,it may be worth looking also in the section of the forums relating to these,and MP3 players.