Question Electric Screen will no longer retract (or do anything!)

mhayhurst

Novice Member
Reaction score
Around Christmas my son got a projector and electric screen in very good condition off ebay. A short while ago, the screen stopped responding to the switch (or remote) and is in the down position. I cannot see any indication of who the manufacturer is but it seems a fairly decent unit. AFAICT the fuse in the plug is fine. It has a little control box half way up the cable and I took this apart and checked the fuse there and that too is fine. It has 3 press-switches, up, down and stop and pressing any of these does nothing. There is a green LED in the box but this doesn't come on at any time nor is there any relay click or motor whirr at any time. I took a multitester to the box/circuit board and AFAICT there is current etc and no sign of damage there at all. I also took the main screen box down and took the ends off but there is nothing serviceable there and no sign of damage or any loose or broken connection.

Any ideas what we might try next? I would have expected the LED to come on when pressing a button so still suspect the control box but really there's not much there that looks like it could fail.

TIA,
Mark

BTW just been informed it's a Homegear 120" 16:9 HD/3D Electric Motorised Projector Screen + Remote Control ...

If it's not the PSU the motor is probably faulty.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom