Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Electric screen trigger - where did you get yours?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BestGear, Dec 21, 2003.

1. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Chaps

Looking for thoughts re the 12v (or whatever) trigger for my electric screen...

Before opening up anything, I wanted to see what others had done.

I have a DRH electric, and have fitted up a 12v relay in place of the supplied rocker switch. I have obviously provided a fused switch to protect the installation.

I have a Z2 (thanks Ivojo) and have been looking for the pin outs of the service port - no one seems to have them! I phoned Sanyo and have been told that there is no switched voltage on the connector. Tested it with a meter, and just find a permanent 10v thats it.. (plus serial obviously) I had emailled sanyo two weeks ago to ask (thought it better than hassling on the phone) and got a reply saying that the pinouts "were not available" They did however, send me a couple of SS with the commands!

So, next on the list is open up the PJ or my amp. Given the masses of cables I need to remove to get AT the amp, I would prefer the PJ... I guess I may have to bite the bullet and do the amp.

So... has anyone found a nice and easy 12v from Z2?

Thanks in advance...

David