Electric Screen that opens UPwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Ward

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've recently bought a Barco BG801s as my first CRT. I need an 8ft screen that can open upwards. They idea is to fix it under this window

Any other suggestions/solutions also gratefully received.

Also what gain would be recommended for this PJ. I'm confident I can get the room pretty dark.

Thanks for any ideas,

Mark.

Originally posted by Mark Ward
I've recently bought a Barco BG801s as my first CRT. I need an 8ft screen that can open upwards
Well, it's possible, but you do realise you'll pay through the nose for it ? (No idea of price, but I'd be amazed if you found anything for less than a couple of grand, probably looking at double that or more)

You'll be much better going for a manual screen, with a folding hook on the window. Why cant the screen go on one of the walls instead?

PK

Mark,

Order an electric one from Oz and turn it up the wrong way when back in blighty !?!?!?!?!

Sorry could not resist that one.

Rgds

Nathan

Hi Mark,
I still don't see how you'll block off the top part pf the triangle part of the window. Putting in a screen as you suggest won't solve the problem.

One idea I can think of is black out top window panes of the triangle with black paint and then hang the screen from the top in front of the window...see attached

marc :rolleyes:

Attachments

• bigviewingpos_blk.jpg
    bigviewingpos_blk.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 160
Hi Marc
One idea I can think of is black out top window panes of the triangle with black paint and then hang the screen from the top in front of the window
I planned to do this but with blackout plastic panels held in with tape. Seems a bit more reversable than paint. I'll run blinds for the lower parts and the screen will go in front of the blinds.

Mark.

Stewart do a screen that does exactly what you are after but they are VERY expensive.....

However they are awesome screens, nothing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom