1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric screen suggetions for my Ae100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bonesy, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi,

About to order an electric screen for my panny, a good 8ft wide.

Currently considering Draper Baronet, Owl, and a cheap VuTec, Any body recommend any of them? Probably going to spend up to £800.

Da-lite and Stewart appear much much more than this, so recommending those probably won't help.
    Also, it has to be electric, I have'nt gone the proj route to not have an electric screen- that's half the fun of it.

strange, screens are a key requirement, but very little independant info is available.

Thanks.

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a 7ft Owl eletric screen. Cost circa £400 from SevenOaks in Leeds.

The screen by default comes with a manual rocker switch to move the screen up/down.

For an extra £100 ish you get an replacement board that plugs into the trigger output of your PJ. I purchased this at the time but its taken me ages to get around to wiring it up.

I had a few problems (and still ongoing at the moment) in that the Sony Vw10 doesn't have enough power to drive the trigger device and thus wont work. Owl have corrected thier little gizmo and it'll be released soon I believe, existing customers such as myself have recieved and extra add-on that boosts the output from the Sony. Although it currently has the wrong size connecter and I'm having to resolder the end.

I don't know about the pj your considering if it will have a similar problem as mine. But best to check just in case.

3. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Thanks Graham,

Just rang Leeds, they told me to speak to Manchester store, where a helpful chap did his best to talk me into a £4k Stewart Greyhawk.

he suggested non-tab tensioned are prone to curling after 6 months - have you found this a problem? Thanks.

4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I erected mine about June 2000 and its been fine. I haven't seen any noticable curling.

I use it at least once a week sometimes more.