Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Electric Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by figlio, Oct 24, 2004.

1. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can you help me please?
    I have just bought a second hand 8 feet electric screen (projecta 4x3). It was only 15 months old.
    I bought this screen in immaculate condition with no warping at all. After I installed it at my house it was still good with no warping (as I got it).

Projecta screens come with a white rod at the bottom of the screen and I wanted to cover this in black. So I bought some black velvet contact paper, slid the bottom rod out. I covered it with this contact paper and put it back.

Now, I have noticing that the screen is not flat any more, especially the first 10 inches from the bottom. Is there something I can do, to remove this wrapping?

I am not sure if the problem is indeed the contact paper.

The screen is on a wall on the upper floor about 2 feet down from the ceiling and there is a skylight, but the sun does not go direct on the sceren. I live in a hot country were temperatures inside the house without air conditioner can reach even 30c. Is it possible that this wrapping came from the heat and not because I removed the rod at put it back?

I can keep the screen unrolled, would it be better to remove or reduce the wrapping?

Please help me because I feel frustrated with this problem. I thank you very much for your kind assistance.

Best Regards to all.

:lease:

2. FTP

FTP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ara!!! Int hawn ukoll Filjozz? Ma kontx naf li dilettant ta' Home Cinema ukoll int!! Ghax kieku ilni ndejjqek ghax jien dilettant kbir ukoll.

Dejjem jekk int l-istess Figlio li naf jien.

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I couldn't have put it better myself :rolleyes:

Did the warping occur directly after you replaced the bottom bar ? did it get stretched when you removed/replaced it ?

Cheers, Lee