1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electric screen and seleco svp350

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gary g, Nov 27, 2004.

1. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all
    I am looking to buy an electric screen and would like to operate it via the two output jacks on the back of the projector,I need to know what sort of screen I need in the way it operates,IE;12v/240v switched or remote?Do I need to make up some sort of relay box?I would also like to use the 4:3 and 16:9 adjustment feature.
    Any info greatly appreciated.
    Gary g

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    from a Seleco manual...
    "+12V connector (output). It has a +12V output when
    the projector is on. This output can activate a relay
    with a current less than 10mA. (for example, to enable
    a circuit for the automatic unwinding and rewinding
    of the motorised screen)."

As long as the screen manufacturer makes a relay for their screens that is compatible with the 12V trigger signal then you have your answer. BTW, the screen power could be 240V or 24V, it wouldn’t make much difference.

I wouldn't bother with the second 12V trigger. It only goes live when the SMALL aspect ratio is selected and a 350 doesn't support that AR properly.

Regards

3. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Hi Gary,

I have the Seleco SVP-310 with an Owl electric screen. I made my own switch box to lower the screen when the projector is switched on. I used a relay from Maplins (N41AW) 240V 5A 12v Coil. In fact the Seleco drives two of these relays and has done without a problem for 5 years now. I used the other relay to switch off some lights. Everything was fitted inside a mains 3 pin adaptor case with the screen cable (and lighting cable) terminated inside. I connect the projector output via a 3mm jack plug/socket.

As Chris mentioned, this will work with 240v mains or a 24v DC screen.

I'd forget about the extra output though. You would need to build a sensor/control unit to control the screen unless you can find a screen with an additional input. I just stick to 16:9 now.

Regards, John.