electric guitar into amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by grahamricho, Jul 16, 2002.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    i want to plug my electric guitar into my denon avc a1d . i have foot pedals etc. it seems stupid buying another amp just for guitar !it is a amp and it plays music !how do i go about it ?

2. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Maplin sell a guitar preamp that should allow you to do just this (code VY35Q). I'm not sure what form this kit would come in, or whether you have to use a soldering iron, so suggest you contact them. www.maplin.co.uk

3. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    You'll need to be very careful with input levels from your guitar, otherwise you'll be getting an expensive repair bill, especially from any powered pedals that may boost the signal.

I did it for a laugh with my bass (and a very old knackered HiFi) and just connected it to the mic inputs on an old tape deck. But it really didn't work very well, your best bet is to be an amp specifically for the job, even a cheap second hand practice amp will be better than using your Hifi (it's not really upto the job).